AC is Out / Is this a good replacement price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AC went out today. Guy says he can replace the outside unit 3.5 ton for about $2500 or replace the whole heat and air system and upgrade to a 4 ton for $5700.

Is that about right?

Also, anyone in Edmond have a window unit I could use for the night? :hot:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not in edmond, but I've got a 240v window unit that you can have...just pass it on to someone else who needs it when you are done with it.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not in edmond, but I've got a 240v window unit that you can have...just pass it on to someone else who needs it when you are done with it.

Ended up not having the outlet for it but it was a super nice offer. Hopefully that price for the new full unit is alright and ours will be installed tomorrow. One night with fans won't kill us.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you, our power went out yesterday for an hour and I wouldn't let the kids open the doors or windows for fear of losing the cold air. Not a fun time of year to have problems.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why did it go out? Can it not be repaired?

I replaced mine last season because there were leaks in the a coil. Problem was the system was 20 years old, so to replace the entire system was a good choice. I was having issues every summer the last 4 years.

What unit is going to be installed?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had 2 quotes done last November for a 4 ton unit, heat and air, and prices were less than that. Don't remember exactly.

BTW, Google a little and see what type of Federal Tax credit is still available. It's not as much as last year, but every little bit helps. Be sure you're getting a qualifying unit if you plan to take advantage of the tax credit. The installer has to certify it.

http://www.energytaxincentives.org/

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That price seems awful high, call around and check with some of the company's that don't advertise all over the place they are usually cheaper. I have a few contractors numbers that i was an apprentice for if you want PM me and ill send the numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom