I think my AC may be broken.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
And we have cool air again! $26 at Locke for a good ol fashioned made in America capacitor. I purchased a window unit last night to ensure that the wife allowed me to live through the night. I was thinking…. I’ve always considered windows units to be extremely inefficient, but at the same time, it’s probably cheaper to cool one room rather than the whole house at night. Any thoughts on using the window unit to cool down the bedroom to 65ish, while we let the central air keep the rest of the house at 72-74 for the night?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And we have cool air again! $26 at Locke for a good ol fashioned made in America capacitor. I purchased a window unit last night to ensure that the wife allowed me to live through the night. I was thinking…. I’ve always considered windows units to be extremely inefficient, but at the same time, it’s probably cheaper to cool one room rather than the whole house at night. Any thoughts on using the window unit to cool down the bedroom to 65ish, while we let the central air keep the rest of the house at 72-74 for the night?
just compare bills see which is cheaper!

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad for you and I don't think it'd hurt a thing to run the window AC at night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom