Actor Bo Hopkins has passed at 84

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize he was in so many films and over time he went from playing bad guys to good guys.

Bo Hopkins, the wily actor with the wild-eyed gaze who came to fame portraying thieves and scoundrels in such films as The Wild Bunch, American Graffiti, Midnight Express and White Lightning, died Saturday. He was 84...
...In The Wild Bunch, Hopkins’ character, a volatile young member of the gang, terrorizes a group of hostages inside a bank before meeting a horrible end in a hail of bullets. Just before his demise, he utters one of the film’s most quotable lines — “Well, how’d you like to kiss my sister’s black cat’s a--?”
“They took me to special effects and had wires runnin’ up my a--, up my legs. I was squibbed up 26 times,” he recalled of his first big movie role. “I (blankin') thought I was gonna go to the moon if them things ever went off. I’d never worked with squibs. Sam asked me if I wanted a T-shirt. ‘No, sir,’ I said. ‘I want to feel it.’ … Well, see, I didn’t know. I wanted to feel it, experience it, just like we talked about at the Actors Studio. And like a damn fool, I didn’t wear a T-shirt.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...dead-wild-bunch-american-graffiti-1235155857/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know it until this thread, and this relates to the thread about Brad Johnson passing away, but both of them starred in movies based on Louis L'Amour movies. Bo Hopkins in "Shaughnessy" and Brad Johnson in "Crossfire Trail." "Shaughnessy is one of those movies that I've been wanting to get. I've got "Crossfire Trail."

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was good in the Steve McQueen film The Getaway. His part was small but I thought he did well. He was also a regular in the James Garner series, The Rockford Files.

He could do all kinds of roles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom