Actual radio and telemetry from The Eagle as it slows to land in 1969

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all know Neil and Buzz and their remarkable accomplishment in June 1969. If you have watched any of the landing I'll bet is it from the last several minutes of the flight.

Here is a video of the last 20 minutes. There are several conversations going on between different aspects all individually manned console responsible to monitor, fix, control, and report. Several controllers recommended things and were overruled. Some other recommendations were given as orders to Neil and Buzz. This video is an actual video recording from the LEM during the three stages of descent. The first three minutes are a narrative of the entire descent which is only 3 minutes.

OK, all of this aside, it was 1969!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all know Neil and Buzz and their remarkable accomplishment in June 1969. If you have watched any of the landing I'll bet is it from the last several minutes of the flight.

Here is a video of the last 20 minutes. There are several conversations going on between different aspects all individually manned console responsible to monitor, fix, control, and report. Several controllers recommended things and were overruled. Some other recommendations were given as orders to Neil and Buzz. This video is an actual video recording from the LEM during the three stages of descent. The first three minutes are a narrative of the entire descent which is only 3 minutes.

OK, all of this aside, it was 1969!

I cracked up when Aldrin said 'Better than the simulator' during their decent.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cracked up when Aldrin said 'Better than the simulator' during their decent.
And who would have thought 1202 and 1201 alarms by the DSKEY weren't mission threatening especially when A. They had never occurred before, and B. they had to clear and reboot the computer while it was in descent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom