after reading through the debt threads id like to share some easy recipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My crock pot paid for itself in less than a week. I've probably cooked 20 whole chickens and made 50 gallons of broth this year so far. Plus, it's an air freshener for men. Nothing like waking up to a house full of the scent of gumbo or a nice pot roast that's been cooking overnight.

As a bachelor and someone who enjoys experimenting with cooking, recipes with too many numbers scare me. I can't be arsed to measure out X-ounces of something. I kind of eyeball everything and say, "Eh, close enough".
Most of my cooking plans consist of:
1.Get ingredients.
2.Heat them til they're safe. (Notice I didn't say "done".)
3.Eat before it goes bad.

You ladies are gonna have to simplify things for my primitive male brain.

believe me the measurements i listed on any recipe that I made up like the fajitas and taco seasoning are aproximate, I am a dump & pour then taste cook. Thats why I don't bake sweets, to much exactness involved, If I wanna work on precision I will go to the range!

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crock pots are awesome, but another hidden kitchen gem is my rice cooker. This book got me started with one...amazing devices.

I have a rice cooker/steamer, I've had it for years and years and somehow in the first year I broke the rice holder so being the cheapskate that I am I just cook it on the stove 1 cup dry rice, 2 cups water bring to a boil turn down to simmer mostly covered. takes a while though.. I should get a new rice cooker.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post what I had last night, Garlic Chicken Fettuccine. It was easy to cook, easy on the wallet and my SO loved it. $10 for 6 servings easily.

Cook time: 30mins

Boneless chicken breast cut in half (a little less than two pounds $4.29)
12oz Fettuccine noodles ($1.29)
Bertolli Alfredo sauce or garlic Alfredo sauce if you like extra garlic ($3.39, probably cheaper at walmart though)

Seasoning:
Weber's Roasted Garlic and Herb (highly recommended, AMAZING on seafood, chicken, or beef)
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper (I like a little heat)

Directions:
-Marinate the chicken a few hours before dinner, generously sprinkle the Weber's, Pepper, and Cayenne pepper on all sides of the chicken. (Dont add salt, Weber's has the right amount)
-Boil the water then add the noodles, add a little salt to the water.
-Drain off the water. Lightly drizzle EVOO on the noodles, its healthy and prevents them from sticking to each other at this point.
-Add the Bertolli Alfredo Sauce to the pot of noodles and let simmer. I fill the empty Bertolli jar about 1/3 with water, shake it up and pour into the pot. The sauce can be a bit thick so it helps the consistency and gets the remaining sauce out the jar.
-Cook the chicken in a skillet. Use enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan well, add more olive oil as needed.
-Cut the chicken up and serve on top or mix within the pasta.

i1294.photobucket.com_albums_b616_ougirl91_webers_zps48a43610.jpg

A shameless plug for the Weber's, its very good stuff. I couldn't find it at walmart so I bought the two small ones at Homeland.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys and your "quick and easy" recipes make me chuckle. Here's what I did to prep for dinner last night:

(1) a whole wheat bun, pre-sliced, laid open
(2) KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, spread on both halves of bun by squeezing the sauce onto the halves and then rubbing the halves together (obviates the need to get a knife dirty)
(3) several slices of deli turkey meat laid on one half of bun
(4) second half of bun laid on top of meat
(5) eat while watching the evening news

Now that's quick and easy! :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom