Recipe I had to share.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good. My wife does a lot of spaghetti squash recipes to help keep my fat ass from falling over dead to early. I'm not really sure why. I have a million dollar life insurance policy.

And this kids is why punctuation is important. What I said and what I meant to say were totally different.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's in the oven now. My calorie estimate puts it @ just under 1000 calories per half.

What the heck are you using for meat, sauce and cheese? Every reference I can find on the web list it as between 250 and 300 calories per serving. Of course that is using a small to medium squash, chicken or turkey, low sugar sauce and 2% cheese. It still tasted great and I felt full for hours.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the heck are you using for meat, sauce and cheese? Every reference I can find on the web list it as between 250 and 300 calories per serving. Of course that is using a small to medium squash, chicken or turkey, low sugar sauce and 2% cheese. It still tasted great and I felt full for hours.

1/2 squash 133
1/2 lb turkey 338
1c pasta sauce 160
1/4c skim ricotta 80
1/4c mozzarella 90

Oops, I added wrong. It's 801.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I screwed up and did not catch the mistake in the version I copied and pasted. It should be 2 small to medium squash. That would explain the calorie count being different.

Sparta, what did you think of the flavor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom