Air travel question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually carry a 4D Maglight and a smaller LED lamp in my backpack when I travel for work. (Use both lights for cable survey work.)
None of the TSA people have ever said anything about them, other than I should place them in a separate bin during xray.
Sometimes they click the buttons to make sure they work, but I think that's more of a human nature thing than a TSA standard.

If it ever goes down, that 4D makes a mighty fine club.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you be able to? Look at the TSA website.
Because 1) not all TSA rules make a lot of sense (we can't carry pocket knives with 3" blades, but we can have 4" pointy scissors and 7" tools, presumably including screwdrivers and awls) and 2) not all TSA agents fully understand the rules as Kopbet alluded to with the breast milk comment.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it ever goes down, that 4D makes a mighty fine club.

That's really why I carry my Quark. I have it set on the highest power strobe setting and it's in easy reach in my bag. There aren't many people that would continue to approach me in a dark parking lot with that in their eyes. I experimented on myself once and was practically blind for several minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom