Ak 47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defiantly looking for some one with some knowledge, been looking at a M+M AK, anything good or bad or should I look at a different brand? Totally new platform for me so any input would be appreciated.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well its Romanian, has the original cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel. This model also has an integrated front site/gas block combo. Takes the regular AK furniture. Atlantic has them for sale. Decent model, I'm thinking about one as well.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned one for about a year now. I have ~1500 rounds through it with no issues. It has become my "truck gun" now. Definitely worth it's asking price.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found one at the last Wannenmachers that I would have picked up, but for the fact that I had also found something else that depleted my funds. From all I've read, they are pretty solid rifles. I like the gas block/FSB combo; shortens the sight radius, but shouldn't make a huge difference.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like the sight setup... the original AK sights are borderline too short on sight radius already... also I'm sure it completely screws up the range settings on the elevation tangent... but if you're going to be putting a red dot or something on it anyway, it may not be that big of a deal to you. The main feature is that original chrome lined barrel, which is a very good thing. You have to watch out with AKs nowadays... many have a cheap US-made non chromed barrel. The sights I can bend on, but I definitely wouldn't want an AK without a chrome bore and chamber, since just about the only thing I would ever shoot through it would be cheap lacquered steel cased ammo.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sights I can bend on, but I definitely wouldn't want an AK without a chrome bore and chamber, since just about the only thing I would ever shoot through it would be cheap lacquered steel cased ammo.

One of the major reasons for a chrome bore was for durability with corrosive ammo (that and to extend barrel life, especially under full-auto fire); that isn't a concern anymore, at least with 7.62x39. There is still some of the Yugo corrosive floating around, but it's become uncomomon. The Yugo rifles aren't chromed, and function and last just fine, providing they are taken care of. I'd much rather have a chrome bore myself, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom