Alien Gear Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. Its well made and once you get it put on its comfortable. I hate the metal clips though. I need to order the leather loops and give those a try. The metal clips are such a pita that I don't wear the holster often. Its also really really wide so the rearmost clip is around the middle of your back. If the leather hoops make it as easy to put on as my VMII I will likely wear it more often.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ordered one just before Christmas, got it a week ago and started wearing it to break it in. It didn't need it - it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. The only down side, if there is one, is the one common to all "tuckable" holsters as regards getting and staying "tucked". Otherwise it's easily accessible and easy to re-holster.

One other advantage for me personally and that may help any other owners of the SIG P220 Carry SAS version with its shorter barrel and wider slide is that the P229 version fits very well out of the box, and like it was made for it after a bit of wear (or a couple of minutes with a heat gun).

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I considered Alien Gear for my G30S (I believe they make one, at least) and I got a SHTF instead. It's not truly a fair comparison to size my SHTF G30S holster up against my Crossbreed SuperTuck 1911 holster, but I liked my Crossbreed much more. The clips on this thing are extremely rigid. I get that they're designed to keep the holster put while drawing, but Crossbreed accomplishes this without using such sharp-edged, rigid clips.

So, can anyone compare Alien Gear versus SHTF?

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After I got in the truck the other day and scraped the seat with one of the metal clips I finally ordered the loops. I like them a lot better. Its easier to put the holster on in my opinion. The holster is still super comfy and has good retention while being an fast draw. Thing thing is definately a good value but I would encourage anyone buying one to go ahead and get the leather loops when they order the hoster unless you just know you prefer clips.

I also got a OWB holster from a guy on ebay that I saw recommended elsewhere. Shootist274 is the sellers id.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-RH-Cu...1265102764?pt=US_Holsters&hash=item2a343df7ac
So far Im really happy with it. Its super tight like any good leather holster is initially but its breaking in.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After I got in the truck the other day and scraped the seat with one of the metal clips I finally ordered the loops. I like them a lot better. Its easier to put the holster on in my opinion.

Sounds like Alien Gear and SHTF might have the same clip issues. I could see my SHTF clips scraping up leather seats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom