All these jewelry commercials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the grandson of a Gods-Honest jeweler (the kind that bought, set and cut his own diamonds) I can't help but laugh at the "chocolate' diamons and the "colored" diamonds. They're essentially hawking flawed diamonds as something thats worth MORE. I am sure he rolled over in his grave the first time that stupid chocolate diamond ad ran.

I agree. I can't believe any woman would be happy with a surprise setting of chocolate diamonds.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, yes...Just when we think we have come so far as humans and become civilized. Every time I see one of those commercials, I can picture a couple of Neanderthals sitting around the cave griping "must trade year of food for shiny rocks to get woman".

Definitely shinola............but I guess it works.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the jewelry ones dont bother me as much as the all the luxury cars. Yeah sure Im gonna go drop 60k+ on a car for Christmas and wrap a giant bow around it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the jewelry ones dont bother me as much as the all the luxury cars. Yeah sure Im gonna go drop 60k+ on a car for Christmas and wrap a giant bow around it.

YUP!! This is the time of year all the luxury brands be it jewelry, perfume, cars, chocolate - they all have their trawling nets out hoping to cash in on the masses.

We're just FISH to them. Thats all we've ever been to them.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
People way over pay for jewelry. It's sick how much mark up there is on diamonds and gem stones in particular. A lot of high end watches hold their value or appreciate.

As for every kiss beginning with Kay....does that mean you have to spend money to get a kiss? Because there's a name for women like that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom