Allergies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have any allergies but one of my dogs gets a mild one and her vet recommended Zyrtec. Where “hoomans” can do one Zyrtec per day, dogs process them different and he recommended up to 3 per day (never done more than 2 that were 12 hours apart). Seem to work on her.

Zyrtec panel says it “may” cause drowsiness. Take one before going to bed with a couple shots of Jameson and sleep well.

Also heard that local honey helps.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the over the counter junk didn’t faze mine. Even using multiple type/brand allergy meds at the same time didn’t help.

I’m on prescription Singulair. It helps. I’m going to see if they have a higher dose next doctor visit.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost forgot … friend had allergies and cut out gluten … no more allergies. Correlation does not imply causation but this friend attributes it to going gluten free.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not one to medicate, but . . . every year I would have multiple sinus infections due to allergies. The PA told me to start a daily regimen of loratatine 10mg and Azelastine 0.1% every morning and Flonase and montelukast in the evening. It takes months to get into your system. I rarely have any problems now and no drowsiness either. Who'd a thought !

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have horrible allergies to red cedar pollen, cotton wood, mold and some other weeds. My only reprive is winter time and a dry summer.
What do you use to help? I've been using Flonaze and Allegra but it seems like those aren't working like they used too.
Any recommendations?
Find a local bee keeper. Use local honey in whatever you drink. You don't have to go overboard to make it sugar sweet. I have several people that buy my honey that have stopped using over the counter medicine for allergies.
Adding make sure it is pure raw honey. I have some honey from a popular YouTube bee keeper . It has been setting on the shelf for several years. It shows no signs of crystalization. Tells me it was over heated and killed any natural properties. Yes some people use a heated dispenser to allow faster flow to fill their containers. Heating above approx. 118°f will keep it from crystalizing and it isn't pure raw honey anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom