almost hit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I surely wasn't excusing unsafe and reckless behavior, especially on a bike.

And I wasn't griping about the infractions of anyone. I was saying that criticizing bikers for occasionally rolling a stop sign or something is silly given how often everyone on any number of wheels bends far more rules than those of us rolling unpowered.

Agreed.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Deja put above, I would tend to agree with him on the coming to a dead stop deal on a bike.... I would also agree with him that in MANY cases a bicyclist IS probably more compliant....

It is the ones that as CJJtulsa mentioned(that blow through stop signs and red lights), ride more than two abreast(in violation of state law by the way){Section 11-1205 - Riding on Roadways and Bicycle Paths} and other transgressions that have a tendency to piss off the folks in a car.
http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=82367

As one who HAS been the victim of an inattentive driver while on two wheels, I can fully identify with the concerns from the original post.

Those of us who drive a car need to be more cognizant of our two wheeled brethren(motorcycles and bicyclists) but I would also especially urge the biking community to be aware that when you are on a two lane road at 20MPH and you are backing up traffic, drivers ARE going to get impatient.

When people see you floating through stop signs and lights, they will get irritated.

In response to the original post --- We all need to watch out for the other guy..

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I'm coming to a 4 way stop when traffic is present, I expect all (cars and cyclists) that are involved to come to a complete stop like the law says, regardless if you driving a standard or have to clip in and out of pedals someone chose to wear. Life would be much easier if all people just showed a little more respect toward each other, and that is not just on the road either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom