almost hit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was coming back from deer hunting last rifle season and my buddy punched it when he saw a guy on a bike and I pulled out my blackhawk and said give him room or ill plug you. I ride and it pisses me off when jerks act that way. My buddy gave him plenty of room when he saw my pistol come out.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those are the most dangerous things on the bike paths around the lakes.

I'm sure they would say bikes are the most dangerous things on the walking paths around the lakes.

Austin has many cyclists and, as everything else, when you add numbers there are bound to be morons amongst them. Drivers get really irratated with them blowing lights and stop signs, riding between cars at a stop, etc, etc.

In the immortal words of Mr Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure they would say bikes are the most dangerous things on the walking paths around the lakes.

Austin has many cyclists and, as everything else, when you add numbers there are bound to be morons amongst them. Drivers get really irratated with them blowing lights and stop signs, riding between cars at a stop, etc, etc.

In the immortal words of Mr Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

No excuse for the car drivers, but with recent events with the bike riders getting killed I also have to point out what I notice among our local bike riders. A VERY large percentage seem to want to ignore the same traffic controls that car drivers have to obey. Bike riders almost with out fail will NOT stop at stop signs or at signal lights. Again just my observation but if I floated or ignored the signs/lights like they do, the ticket would come out.

I don't want to seem like I am picking on the bike riders, because they have every right to be on the road too. But I am saying if you want the respect of the car drivers, obey the laws too...

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK law states that a driver cannot get closer than 3 feet to a bicycle on the road. Of corse like a lot of laws unless a officer sees it happen or they hit you nothing can be done.

There also are some city ordinances regarding overtaking a cyclist (Edmond for one).

State law is from HB2926 (2006)

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No excuse for the car drivers, but with recent events with the bike riders getting killed I also have to point out what I notice among our local bike riders. A VERY large percentage seem to want to ignore the same traffic controls that car drivers have to obey. Bike riders almost with out fail will NOT stop at stop signs or at signal lights. Again just my observation but if I floated or ignored the signs/lights like they do, the ticket would come out.

I don't want to seem like I am picking on the bike riders, because they have every right to be on the road too. But I am saying if you want the respect of the car drivers, obey the laws too...

I float some lights because I'm not heavy enough to trip the light to change. With stop signs, I generally stop unless it's in a neighborhood or a rural road and I can see traffic in all directions.

There's bad apples in every group out there... I try not to be one of them.

If we got as angry with motorists as we do cyclists for not obeying the law, we'd be in an endless fit of rage as most motorists exceed the speed limit.

We're all guilty.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I float some lights because I'm not heavy enough to trip the light to change. With stop signs, I generally stop unless it's in a neighborhood or a rural road and I can see traffic in all directions.

There's bad apples in every group out there... I try not to be one of them.

If we got as angry with motorists as we do cyclists for not obeying the law, we'd be in an endless fit of rage as most motorists exceed the speed limit.

We're all guilty.

Very Well spoken.... Agree MOSTLY. Have to say though, the going through the stop signs by the bikers is just a pet peeve of mine. Can't say that I blame the bicyclist though under those circumstances. Lots easier keeping speed up than starting from a stop. Just against the law to float it on a bike just as in a car.

Never going to please everybody whether you are a car, motorcycle or bicycle rider.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom