Im falling apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you might wanna shop for a TBI helmet and a good mouth piece if you keep it up, just to protect the grill!
I stepped out of the shower one time and busted my butt, before doing the splits. Marble tile Is the devil. Wife decided to wash the rugs and I forgot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the record...I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm looking for more of the, " don't be dumbass, old man" comments.
Well, I'm not going to be the one to say don't be a dumbass.
I will say we all need to start thinking we aren't as indestructible as we were in our youth anymore. My brain tells me I'm still about 40, but the body corrects that mindset every so often and it hurts.
It's coming to everyone eventually.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading all of this, I can't help but say I have been blessed so well. At age 73, the wife and I began our Summer jobs of doing road surveys. One of my tasks it to clean the front, clear cover in front of the three forward facing cameras, which requires climbing up on a ladder to get the job done.

I've fallen off that ladder at least 2 times since we started all this stuff, mostly by missing that last step and going down. On one occasion, I barely missed hitting my head on a highway guard rail. Needless to say, the wife was not excited, nor was the guy nearby. However, in each case, I was able to get up and keep on going.

My knees are now a problem, but even with them, the pain isn't too bad.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading all of this, I can't help but say I have been blessed so well. At age 73, the wife and I began our Summer jobs of doing road surveys. One of my tasks it to clean the front, clear cover in front of the three forward facing cameras, which requires climbing up on a ladder to get the job done.

I've fallen off that ladder at least 2 times since we started all this stuff, mostly by missing that last step and going down. On one occasion, I barely missed hitting my head on a highway guard rail. Needless to say, the wife was not excited, nor was the guy nearby. However, in each case, I was able to get up and keep on going.

My knees are now a problem, but even with them, the pain isn't too bad.
Be careful out there. You're out there on your own and it could be a scary situation if something tragically happens.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, I reviewed my will the other day. And discussed with the wife who gets what and so far, no one gets anything because they don't come by and check on us or help us with anything. I think we'll spend it all and donate some and have great time doing it!

That's EXACTLY what we are doing!! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom