Im falling apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A week ago last Tuesday, the Mrs and I were moving a dresser uostairs for our daughter to use. . As luck would have it the Mrs dropped her end and tried to save the day and ended up pulling a muscle in my lower back. I was off work on a day to day.
I started using a TENs u it immediately and got some good results but when I would stop using it the spasms would start back.
Wednesday evening late, I was turning off all the lights and turning the AC down to 74°. On my way back to the bedroom I stepped on one of my grandsons toys. Just enough to knock me off balance. I started falling toward my desk and tried to catch myself but my hand fell in between the desk and a filing cabinet. My left back kidney area hit the desk.
I guess I made enough racket that my son woke up and thought someone had busted the front door open. Lol. He helped me up and had a couple of old age jokes to toss around.
I went back to work last Monday and was feeling really good. Yesterday my wife noticed a huge bruise on my back left side. I never told her about the fall. Last evening, out of know where, I started getting sharp pains in the area that hit the desk. So muc so that I was yelling out in bed when I would roll over. My first thought was ribs, but I've never had ribs take that long to hurt after an injury.
I am double whammied. Ain't no way I'm missing anymore work. But the ribs are more painful than the back was.
Take it from another old fart, the older we get the easier we fall, and the harder we land!! Broken ribs can be very dangerous! My grandfather fell out of a tree , broke some ribs, back in 1934. The country doctor taped him up and told him to rest, and not to take the tape off for a couple of weeks, I think? Dad said he was up working before daylight the next morning, and had cut the tape off before noon! he died a few weeks later I suspect from a broken rib doing internal damage?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
arnica 30c is a homeopathic that is taken orally to reduce swelling bleeding bruising and kinda a pain killer like aspirin. just google it. i poo pooed it until i tried it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom