Alternative Construction Methods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here with experience in concrete forms, stone/mortar, geodesic, tilt slab, or some other alternative to the traditional stick framing? I’d like to do a walkout basement have a very energy efficient building style, that would ideally offer superior protection from storms and not contribute to fire load when comparing stick frame construction.

There’s so many different styles out there i wanted to see what people had some experience with.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with the alternative methods is you had better pre plan for an over build of electrical systems and plumbing. access. How many times has your wife wanted another "plug in over there"?

Or I wish they had put in a 4 outlet instead of a two.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with the alternative methods is you had better pre plan for an over build of electrical systems and plumbing. access. How many times has your wife wanted another "plug in over there"?

Not to mention the extra cost of plumbing and electrical

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no different than any other structure i could go into great detail but plumbing chases, wall coverings like sheet rock, paneling etc on hat channel . wires up like any other building!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

One thing brought up with the planning for building the foam block houses like I linked, was that the founder suggests using traditional stud built walls for the interior, so that if you do need to add on to anything or change up the floorplan, you can. I hadn't thought of such a thing. Pretty smart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom