Alternative Construction Methods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if the person building a new, and different type home, loves it and all the unforeseen problems have been worked out, can you find someone else to buy it, and will lenders loan money on it? Can YOU get your money back?
Don't matter if you are staying till your time runs out.... if your financing probably not!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if the person building a new, and different type home, loves it and all the unforeseen problems have been worked out, can you find someone else to buy it, and will lenders loan money on it? Can YOU get your money back?
A home that is energy efficient, semi sound proof, and insulated 10x better than your average house on the market, I doubt you’ll struggle finding someone who wants it. Financing isn’t much of an issue if you don’t use financing.

Also, if we’re custom building, it’s because we have our land that I want, and my wife will be getting the house she wants. I’m getting buried in the back yard when it’s my time.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's one of those cost, with a turn key installation?
just a couple of dollars i suppose. the livestock market at elreno had them on display when the tornado leveled parts of elreno the school and the sale barn. the employees all got in one and the tornado passed directly over them and all was well.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if the person building a new, and different type home, loves it and all the unforeseen problems have been worked out,
...can you find someone else to buy it, and will lenders loan money on it? Can YOU get your money back?

I personally know of a couple that built an underground home using conventional materials (steel/concrete). Built by contractors, in a very nice HOA, good location. This was not a shoddy homeowner built house.
This was a good sized house, and was even featured in an article in one of the hippy zero-energy magazines (he showed me the article). This was a nice house, in its day.

When he finally sold it - no banks would loan on it because it was (underground/ unconventional). So he was limited to cash buyers, and there are even fewer (cash buyers) that wants unconventional homes.
It sold for a stupid low price. Essentially it was sold for slightly above land value, with a free house.

Sure *YOU* may die there, but your wife/kids will take the financial hit.
ALWAYS consider your exit strategy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom