aluminum cased .357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgive the newb question here, but just wondering about aluminum casing in higher powered ammo. Obviously it must be safe or manufacturers wouldn't be offering it. Too many lawsuits just waiting to jump up in todays world. But is it actually a good idea? Like I said, newb question, but better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid decision. Thanks for any input.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering that chamber pressures may reach 40,000 psi, the case be it aluminum or brass, has very little to do with the safety of the gun. Chamber engineering has everything to do with it.

Consider shot shells. They are plastic. For marketing purposes only, heavy loads are "high brass", and target/small game loads are low brass.
I've loaded magnum loads in total plastic shells.

Aluminum, and steel cased ammo is just cheaper for the manufacturer to make. Its not reloadable.

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appreciate the replies. Been a bowhunter for most of my life so definitely lacking in firearms knowledge. Should have clicked with the shotgun shell/plastic deal though. Sometimes the obvious is tough to see I guess. ; )

Latest posts

Top Bottom