American Armory & Tactical in Norman, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I went to American Armory & Tactical (AA&T) on North Flood Ave in Norman, OK, primarily to use the indoor range, while I was waiting to pick up my son and had a good experience.

AA&T has a small indoor range (six lanes of about 25 meters max distance) primarily for handguns though the website ( http://www.aatfirearms.com/Indoor-Shooting-Range.html ) does mention rifles.

Overall the AA&T range setup is comparable to what I have seen at other indoor ranges with powered target trolleys and decent air conditioning (it was close to 100 outside when I went in today). BTW - if, like me, you forget your targets at home - no fear - AA&T has a wide selection of paper targets at competitive market prices for sale if needed.

The proprietor, Mr James Timmons was tending the store and I found him to be both helpful and friendly. Beyond setting me up with the range/targets, he was happy to chat about several guns of interest to me, to show me some of his favorite guns, and to take down information to look out for a particular older model gun I am seeking.

Bottom Line: I was able to spend a pleasant hour out of the heat, enjoying a little paper shooting fun and a little breeze shooting fun. I will return to AA&T and would recommend that others give it a try if you are in the Norman area and want to do a little indoor shooting.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here...... I like the place. They've always been pleasant and seem eager to do business. They also give a nice range fee discount for Military.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how much for lane fee? some range give free target. How much he charge?

FYI - the link in my original post is to the AA&T range info page but IIRC it is $10.00 per hour for a walk-in. Paper targets are for sale not free but you don't have to buy and are welcome to bring your own from home.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice guys there it seems. I have not shot on the range but have purchased a few items from them.

JUST AVOID THE OLD GUY SITTING ON A STOOL BEHIND THE COUNTER...OR YOU WILL GET STUCK LISTENING TO HIS "WORKING FOR THE CIA" STORIES. I mean come on, does every range or gun shop have to have an "EX CIA" employee?

centraloklahoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom