Americas top 10 steakhouses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've eaten at Cattleman's a couple times, and I'll echo the general sentiment here. It's not THAT good; for a good steak, I'd rather go to Molly's Landing in Verdigris or perhaps Fleming's in Utica Square, though the latter is more expensive.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Cattleman's but more for family memories than the steak. My dad always loved going there and we would drive from Muskogee just to eat many times and yes there are lots of places that have better steaks and its hard for it to be on any top list but always brings back good memories for me every time we go there

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I eat at Cattlemen's almost every Sunday..either breakfast or dinner. #4...DON'T THINK SO!!!

They must be surveying family or nonchain...where the H@LL is Ruth'sChris Steakhouse, Smith&Wolensky and Pappas' s Steakhouse in Houston?

Most of the steakhouses in Vegas would make the top ten....where are those?

Highly subjective, highly subjective!!!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really around here at least Cattlemans is better known for their lamb fries and home made croutons.

Yep.

Sad that a steak house is better known for testicles and salad toppings than they are steak.

Cattleman's is okay, but definitely not what I would expect to see in a Top 10 of Oklahoma, let alone Top 10 of the US. For that area, I prefer Cimmaron. Still not the world's greatest by any means, but better than Cattleman's. I've heard that Saltgrass does a good steak, much to the surprise of many considering it's a chain.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason...maybe it's just me...the Saltgrass on the Southside of OKC...doesn't do their steaks like they should.

Everytime I get an OKC Saltgrass steak..it's soggy...even when well done...soggy.

The Saltgrass in Bellaire...suburb of Houston was fantastic. Myabe they had to be since corporate headquarters (Landry's) was just a few miles North of that steakhouse??!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been to cattlemans, but going off the opinions of our fellow osa members i dont think i will.

That is a wise decision ... You can get a better meal at McDonalds ... I think they are living off the hype of years gone by. That said I've eaten there several times. NEVER gotten what I considered to be even a decent meal ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom