Americas top 10 steakhouses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.

Sad that a steak house is better known for testicles and salad toppings than they are steak.

Cattleman's is okay, but definitely not what I would expect to see in a Top 10 of Oklahoma, let alone Top 10 of the US. For that area, I prefer Cimmaron. Still not the world's greatest by any means, but better than Cattleman's. I've heard that Saltgrass does a good steak, much to the surprise of many considering it's a chain.

I dunno about the steaks at Saltgrass as I always get the salmon. GC's never complained ... but then he thinks a "good" steak is burnt to a crisp and dry as a bone, slathered with a nasty viscous mixture of A-1 and ketchup ... Bleech ... That man is a waste of good meat! :D

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I probably stand alone on this, but I find Cattlemans on my list of will never eat at again. Their steaks taste as if they were from a frozen TV dinner. I would be embarrassed if they came of my grill anywhere close to what theirs are. I know this is just my opinion, but I like to enjoy a nice steak when I am out for dinner and theirs is just not enjoyable for me.

You're not alone sir. I find the service and steak sub-par. It's cool for the history, that's it. Cattlemans would not make my Top 50. I travel frequently and I have clients come in from out of town. I never recommend Cattlemens unless they specifically ask my opinion. I've not been to Opus or Mahogany, but I would venture to say that it's overpriced at best. Boulevard Steakhouse in Edmond is on the same level, overpriced steak, wine and dismal service. It's so dark in there, you don't even know what your eating (bring your surefire) Same goes for Kona Ranch, it's like a Steak and Ale with lip gloss on. gross.

For my money, nothing gets better than Signature Grill in Edmond. Awesome food, (Filet Mignon, asparagus and the Rissotto are my go-to eats) great customer service, locally owned and locally picked ingredients in most cases. You can feed a famliy of 4 at SG vs feeding two at one of the "premiere steakhouses" in the city.

Ruths Chris is good (top 10), but expensive. Although a chain, Texas Roadhouse has a decently priced steak. It's always packed on Memorial/Penn, that has to say something.

As someone said earlier, it's all about someones opinion. You know what they say about opinions.....

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They never tried Eddies at 21st and Harvard in Tulsa.
Their idea of the budget steak is the 2" thick sirloin that will easily feed 2, especially since it comes with appetizers and baked Potato.
Under $20, what's to complain about.....but order it Rare or Medium Rare....NO other way.

if Honeybee says so, it's gotta be good! I'm sure they have a Honeybee Special.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along with Cattlemen's, I have also been to #2, Bern's in Tampa. I have to agree with the list, because Bern's is the only place I've so far been that can rival Cattlemen's fillet. Bern's was incredibly nice... probably the nicest place I have been. It is in an old, dimly-lit building with red leather, mahogany, and copious amounts of art and sculpture. Caviar, foie gras, a wine list about as thick as a phone book (they are supposed to have the largest private wine collection in the world), steak any way you could want it (the chateaubriand rare was awesome), a separate dessert room with private chambers for each table, etc.

Cattlemen's is my favorite place here in OKC. The total experience is obviously nowhere near the level of a legit 5 star place like Bern's, but their steak is. It is also nice that my old lady and I can afford ford to go there several times a year, and always on my birthday! I always get the 10 oz. fillet, rare. Their bartender makes a pretty mean Tom Collins to wash it down, and their house double deuce beer (which I'm pretty sure is rebottled Choc 1919) is pretty good too. They have at least a couple adequate cab savs that go well with that tenderloin, too.

I've heard Mahogany in Tulsa is real good, too, and also gets the best cuts of meat. I will have to check it out sometime.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The steaks you see on Cattlemen's TV commercials are not the steaks they bring to your table! I've tried Cattlemen's twice over the past year and was severely disapointed each time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom