Ammo ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okav8tor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is nothing more nefarious than high demand based on a perception that if Obama is elected for another 4 years he will try to place more restrictions on guns and ammo. It is kind of like the stock market which at times is based more on perceptions than fact as well.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard from a reliable source that after Jan 1 2012, if you buy more than 200 rnds at a time, the seller (walmart, etc.) is to take down your information and report it to the local authorites. The guy that told me this is a 07 FFl SOT 2 and I believe him. He also said these may be the result of the Colorado and Sikh shootings. Internet ammo sales are also supposed to be in jeopardy after I think he said october 1st?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard from a reliable source that after Jan 1 2012, if you buy more than 200 rnds at a time, the seller (walmart, etc.) is to take down your information and report it to the local authorites. The guy that told me this is a 07 FFl SOT 2 and I believe him. He also said these may be the result of the Colorado and Sikh shootings. Internet ammo sales are also supposed to be in jeopardy after I think he said october 1st?

that's gonna make 22LR sales glow bright green on their radar. all the UMC megapacks as well.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Did you ask your source where he is getting his information?

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He heard the Jan 1 date directly from his ATF compliance officer this week. He is checking on the online date. Sportsmans guide told him the online sales will have to be through local distributors or be through T&E to manufacturers. Everyone check for yourselves.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Today is August 14, 2012 which is 8 months after the January 1, 2012 date you quoted in your post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom