Ammo ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He heard the Jan 1 date directly from his ATF compliance officer this week. He is checking on the online date. Sportsmans guide told him the online sales will have to be through local distributors or be through T&E to manufacturers. Everyone check for yourselves.

This better just be a line of bull.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
I did a lot of research last night. I am unable to find any codified regulations or notice of proposed regulations that would place the claimed requirements on merchants. If someone knows the code or notice number, feel free to prove me wrong by posting.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VladdDImpaler said:
I did a lot of research last night. I am unable to find any codified regulations or notice of proposed regulations that would place the claimed requirements on merchants. If someone knows the code or notice number, feel free to prove me wrong by posting.

I did some research as well and could only find the typical ant-gun Senators (Feinstein, Shumer, et al) trying to introduce amendments in the Senate. I guess we could get an ATF policy change or an Executive Order. The current Administration has certainly proven they won't let current law or the Constitution get in the way of their agenda. Just look at how they are enforcing immigration, or how they ignored the law during the Fast and Furious debacle, or how they treated bond holders during the GM bailout.

DS-11B

Marksman
Reaction score
I just heard from a reliable source that after Jan 1 2012, if you buy more than 200 rnds at a time, the seller (walmart, etc.) is to take down your information and report it to the local authorites. The guy that told me this is a 07 FFl SOT 2 and I believe him. He also said these may be the result of the Colorado and Sikh shootings. Internet ammo sales are also supposed to be in jeopardy after I think he said october 1st?

You have a lot of faith in the capabilities of "local authorities" to keep track of stuff... You do realize the sheer magnitude of data this would entail right? Not possible... Rumors like this are a very large part of the problem being discussed here. Fear mongering is what is driving up the prices and increasing scarcity of rounds for everyone. IMO if we would all just ONLY report credible information, i.e. the OK legislature, or the City Council in OKC, etc said: "..." that people would realize the limitations of what the govt (local, state, and Fed) and further, CAN actually do out of fear of bringing the wrath of the NRA and similar groups (ORA) down on their heads. Long story short, what you "heard" will not happen.

DS-11B

Marksman
Reaction score
Most FFLs are firearms law experts.

No, I hear them say things that are incorrect all the time. Most FFLs are greedy and don't give a hoot about their customers beyond making a quick buck. If you don't believe me go to a gun show and act naive and see how fast you will get ripped off. Also, if that means pulling and holding most of their components until after the election to create artificial scarcity so they can jack up the prices, i.e. selling lower receivers for $150-$175 they will do so. It is already happening. There are a lot of things in the gun market that are artificial in order to get people to pay way more for stuff than is really necessary.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I hear them say things that are incorrect all the time. Most FFLs are greedy and don't give a hoot about their customers beyond making a quick buck. If you don't believe me go to a gun show and act naive and see how fast you will get ripped off. Also, if that means pulling and holding most of their components until after the election to create artificial scarcity so they can jack up the prices, i.e. selling lower receivers for $150-$175 they will do so. It is already happening. There are a lot of things in the gun market that are artificial in order to get people to pay way more for stuff than is really necessary.
HE ...IS the FFL.......Yeah!

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no law or policy to currently make a FFL report people to local authorities. Your FFL is an idiot if he told you that. That doesn't mean that people aren't trying to get one like that passed. They've been trying to do that for decades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom