Ammo organization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm finally starting to hoard ammo, but I have boxes laying everywhere. I've seen 50-100 round plastic boxes with individual places for each. While this is the organization method I'd like to employ, I'd like a higher round count per box (500-1000). Does anyone know of a good solution?

Right now I'm accumulating .223/5.56, but I'll eventually move on to 9mm and .45 acp. Thanks folks!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put my 9mm in one drawer and my .22 in another. I may have to do something about organizing the shorts, longs and long rifles; not to mention the shotshells, CB's and Quiets.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use stripper clips and cardboard boxes and ammo cans, for 223. For 45 and 9mm I dig in the trash cans at the range for empty boxes.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ammo cans are pretty easy to stack. I put a strip of masking tape on the ends of them and use a sharpie to mark the caliber inside.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a bookshelf out of 1"x12". Sections for different calibers, dividers and 3 levels high. I realized after a few months, I may have to make another. Has held up very well.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old metal alarm can and a metal box I got from an estate sale that they said it was an evidence box from the police station( metal with dual barrel keys)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I reload everything, I put pistol rounds into the 100 round plastic boxes that fit in the range bag. .223 on stripper clips in ammo cans with desiccant, other rifle calibers in the plastic 100 round containers. Shot shells in ammo cans with desiccant.

Can't say I've seen any of the plastic containers larger than 100 rounds for the OP

Latest posts

Top Bottom