Ammo organization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the consensus on keeping 5.56/7.62/9mm in original packaging or filling up loose in ammo cans?

If I have a lot of ball ammo by the same maker and bullet weight, I throw mine in ammo cans in bulk. However, I don't like to mix Winchester with Federal with Remington, etc.

For higher end rifle ammo like ballistic tips or even FGMM, I prefer to keep it in its original packaging.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ammo cans marked with the caliber. Ammo will last a long,long time...

BTW, I keep ammo in original packaging and put date of purchase, then in the cans they go.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ammo cans marked with the caliber. Ammo will last a long,long time...

BTW, I keep ammo in original packaging and put date of purchase, then in the cans they go.

If I only buy one box of ammo at the store and nothing else, I'll slide the receipt in the box to look back on later.

dc4ou

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is factory rounds, I would go with ammo cans too. I would do the same for long term storage. I do however love the MTM cases for my reloads. The 100 round boxes with the hinges are the best. I would also recommend the opaque or clear boxes so you can determine if they are empty or full. I have tried several different containers and I feel the MTM cases are superior.

As you can see below, I use them exclusively for my reloads. It makes it easy to keep up with round counts. I used a color for each caliber until I ran out of colors. Shop around because there is a big difference in prices among the retail stores.

Attachments

• IMG_2374 new.jpg
    IMG_2374 new.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom