Ammo organization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is factory rounds, I would go with ammo cans too. I would do the same for long term storage. I do however love the MTM cases for my reloads. The 100 round boxes with the hinges are the best. I would also recommend the opaque or clear boxes so you can determine if they are empty or full. I have tried several different containers and I feel the MTM cases are superior.

As you can see below, I use them exclusively for my reloads. It makes it easy to keep up with round counts. I used a color for each caliber until I ran out of colors. Shop around because there is a big difference in prices amoung the retail stores.

View attachment 53788

Nice stash!

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silver Sharpie on ammo cans. I used to spray paint the latch a lighter color, then write the caliber, weight, etc. on with a black Sharpie. Silver Sharpie works just as well and takes less effort. Most boxed ammo fits pretty well dimensionally so that you don't end up with a lot of wasted space within the can.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shelving portions of my safe are stocked with boxed ammo (commercial and surplus), sorted by caliber. The rest gets stored in labeled ammo cans which are an easy, convenient storage option since they are inexpensive and easily stackable. USRO here in OKC typically has .30 and .50 cal cans for relatively cheap if you are ever in the area during their business hours. I prefer the toe tag style labels from Hobby Lobby and I use a typewriter at the work office to list the caliber etc.

i.imgur.com_zfS5Qm7h.jpg

That is nice looking and neat. I have most of mine in ammo cans with labels from label maker but noticed recently the labels are peeing off

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the 30 & 50 cal. cans work good as even when loaded, they are light enough to grab and go. The larger (20mm, etc) cans are ok for storage but too heavy for my old back to tote around.
1" masking tape and sharpie works pretty well for labeling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom