An Excuse to Shoot Another Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy I hunt on this morning that said a friend of his wanted a wild turkey to eat and would pay $40. I told him selling one was against the law but I would be glad to get him one for free since I have a life time license and have only killed one. He said he has been seeing four of them every morning strutting around his stock trailer. I am going to sneak in early and just sit the trailer and see what happens. A good excuse to get out the old fox double barrel and give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it turns out. Probably go Friday morning.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. I have an old copy of Outdoor Life around here somewhere with an article about two guys that had killed a ton of turkeys. They whole point of the article was the odd ways they have managed to killing long beards. The latest way they found was a .410 Contender pistol with plans on an air rifle. Consider the bar set! I figure after a long bow you are up to it.

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy I hunt on this morning that said a friend of his wanted a wild turkey to eat and would pay $40. I told him selling one was against the law but I would be glad to get him one for free since I have a life time license and have only killed one. He said he has been seeing four of them every morning strutting around his stock trailer. I am going to sneak in early and just sit the trailer and see what happens. A good excuse to get out the old fox double barrel and give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it turns out. Probably go Friday morning.

You hunt on a guy?????:drooling:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what they say about the best laid plans of mic and men....started raining early and the birds were late flying down. I couldn't wait around since I had to open today. They were walking up to my spot as I drove away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom