Another shooting. empire state building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think every victim of every violent crime in New York and Chicago should sue the crap out of the city and the Mayors in particular. If they're going to take away your right to self defense so that the city is "safer", then the effectiveness of that safety should be guaranteed. They have taken upon themselves the responsibility to make you safe whether you agree with them or not. That makes them liable in my opinion.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think every victim of every violent crime in New York and Chicago should sue the crap out of the city and the Mayors in particular. If they're going to take away your right to self defense so that the city is "safer", then the effectiveness of that safety should be guaranteed. They have taken upon themselves the responsibility to make you safe whether you agree with them or not. That makes them liable in my opinion.

What if the rounds that are zinging by your head are being fired be the police? Your only legal option is to dive for cover (well and maybe a lawsuit if you survive)

"Nine others were wounded or grazed in the exchange of gunfire, Kelly said. They were taken to local hospitals where they are expected to recover.

"Some may have been accidentally shot by police officers," Kelly said."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/24/shooting-reported-outside-empire-state-building/

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if the rounds that are zinging by your head are being fired be the police? Your only legal option is to dive for cover (well and maybe a lawsuit if you survive)

"Nine others were wounded or grazed in the exchange of gunfire, Kelly said. They were taken to local hospitals where they are expected to recover.

"Some may have been accidentally shot by police officers," Kelly said."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/24/shooting-reported-outside-empire-state-building/

Whatever happened to confirming your target? It's not like NY is an open-carry state or anything. The officers shouldn't be "confused" as to who the bad guys are when rolling up on the scene, right?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever happened to confirming your target?
Just because they identified the target doesn't mean they can hit it. Under stress, adrenaline produces some interesting results. Watch the shootout below, take note of the distances involved, and then consider that nobody was hit (on either side of the law):

Being able to make hits on the square range is one thing; doing it on the two-way range is another thing entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this has always been my favorite.. the SWAT team member on the near side of the road are some lucky dudes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom