Another shooting. empire state building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I still want to know: How the hell did the police screw up this much and shoot that many innocent bystanders? I am fully prepared to be completely disgusted at what Commie Bloomberg is going to come up with in response to this question. Bring it on Bloomberg.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting on a crowded NYC street requires air marshall level training. I don't believe that NYPD officers receive anywhere near that level of training and practice.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a long article, so I'm only posting a excerpt.. you can read the whole article at the link below... and watch a video of the Mayor speaking about the shooting.

--------------------
NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire
Published August 25, 2012
Associated Press

Their encounter was over in eight seconds. The officers, who had been standing nearly close enough to shake hands with Johnson and had no opportunity to take cover, fired almost immediately.

Nine bystanders were wounded in the 16-shot volley, all by stray or ricocheting police bullets, police confirmed Saturday. None of their injuries was life-threatening, police said...........

.... A witness had told police that Johnson fired at the officers, but authorities say ballistics evidence doesn't support that. Johnson's gun held seven rounds, they said. He fired five times at Ercolino, one round was still in the gun and one was ejected when officers secured it, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/2...-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire/#ixzz24a1V6zhF

----------

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NYPD officer here to answer any questions. Here are some facts:

•Every officer hired since the introduction of pistols in the NYPD back in the early nineties is NOT allowed to use a revolver as their service weapon. They must choose between a Glock 19, S&W 5946, or a Sig P226. All of these guns are in DAO variant and have NO external safety.

•Everyone who is allowed to carry a gun in the department (not everyone is) has to re-qualify once every six months (give or take, it's been as short as five and as long as nine sometimes).

•MOST NYPD officers fire their FIRST gun, ever in their entire lives, at the police academy, some as young as 21 to as old as 35 shooting for their very first time, and on a DAO pistol.

•The qualifications are HORRIBLE (and) get dumbed down every year.

•The NYPD offers once a month training for members to use, on their own time. However, all that is done during these sessions are the same basic dumbed down qualification exercises. You will only receive real help if you outright fail. Missed 12 out of fifty @ 7 yards? GOOD ENOUGH!

•Our tactical training is a joke and maybe ten people in a department of 34K have had Active Shooter training (I'm not exaggerating).

There is a lot broken, basically.

Some of our members NEVER take their service weapons out of their gun belts, and never carry ANYTHING off duty. I've seen people with 3 years on have brown rusted rear sights. Some never clean their weapons unless forced to by the firearms unit.

The NYPD has been tight fisted with ammo for the longest time. Take your one box and be happy.
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2012/08/one-of-nypds-finest-sounds-off-on.html

If this info is correct, how can the NYPD claim they are doing an adequate job of protecting the public?

Latest posts

Top Bottom