Another shooting. empire state building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from the net.

Empire State Building shooter right after the cops took him down - forwarded from friends in NYC

i.imgur.com_2xb3s.jpg

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good thing only well-trained cops have access to handguns in NYC. Otherwise, someone might get hurt!

Thank you, Mayor Doomberg!!! You're awesome!!!

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on comments it appears most people think this was a result of gun laws? This same thing could happen in downtown OKC or Tulsa. Even in gun friendly states not everyone is carrying. They dont carry for various reasons not just because guns are evil. If you look at the shootings over the last few years they are spread out from college campuses and big cities to the most gun friendly states. It is not about gun laws it is about religious and political extremists, and people who just snap.

It does not matter if 5 out of 10 people next to that guy all carried. He would have shot at least a couple of rounds before people realized what was happening and a couple more before anyone could shoot back. I am pretty sure right outside the Empire State Building is pretty crowded and nobody, police or anyone else no matter the level of training would have a clear shot. It is unfair to the victims to blame gun laws for what happened. That is almost the same as blaming the gun.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on comments it appears most people think this was a result of gun laws? This same thing could happen in downtown OKC or Tulsa. Even in gun friendly states not everyone is carrying. They dont carry for various reasons not just because guns are evil. If you look at the shootings over the last few years they are spread out from college campuses and big cities to the most gun friendly states. It is not about gun laws it is about religious and political extremists, and people who just snap.

It does not matter if 5 out of 10 people next to that guy all carried. He would have shot at least a couple of rounds before people realized what was happening and a couple more before anyone could shoot back. I am pretty sure right outside the Empire State Building is pretty crowded and nobody, police or anyone else no matter the level of training would have a clear shot. It is unfair to the victims to blame gun laws for what happened. That is almost the same as blaming the gun.

I think the point is not to blame the gun laws, but to point out how silly they are. If someone wants to kill another (or multiple) human being(s), the first thought in your head shouldn't be "that thing he/she used to kill - that's what needs our attention".

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because they identified the target doesn't mean they can hit it. Under stress, adrenaline produces some interesting results. Watch the shootout below, take note of the distances involved, and then consider that nobody was hit (on either side of the law):

Being able to make hits on the square range is one thing; doing it on the two-way range is another thing entirely.

I get that. Adrenaline and in the heat of the moment, you never know what's going to happen. Maybe NYC needs better training on watching their background even under stress? When I went through CLEET, the first thing I learned was that each bullet leaving the gun is not only a potential lawsuit, but could also kill or injure a bystander, but I digress.
My point is if the city is forbidding you the right to self defense and taking it on THEIR shoulders to protect you, you shouldn't get shot by a bad guy OR the police on accident. They should be able to GUARANTEE your safety. If not, they shouldn't be restricting those rights in the 1st place. I think whoever got hit regardless of whether it was a bad guy bullet or a cop bullet should sue the pants off of Bloomberg and the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom