Another shooting. empire state building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on comments it appears most people think this was a result of gun laws? This same thing could happen in downtown OKC or Tulsa. Even in gun friendly states not everyone is carrying. They dont carry for various reasons not just because guns are evil. If you look at the shootings over the last few years they are spread out from college campuses and big cities to the most gun friendly states. It is not about gun laws it is about religious and political extremists, and people who just snap.

It does not matter if 5 out of 10 people next to that guy all carried. He would have shot at least a couple of rounds before people realized what was happening and a couple more before anyone could shoot back. I am pretty sure right outside the Empire State Building is pretty crowded and nobody, police or anyone else no matter the level of training would have a clear shot. It is unfair to the victims to blame gun laws for what happened. That is almost the same as blaming the gun.
I disagree with this statement. What if the 10th guy that was shot was the one carrying. He probably would have had time to protect himself. Especially if rumors are correct the shooter was using a firearm that was only carrying 8 rounds.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually wait a day or two out of respect for the victims before I start blaming the gun laws. It's getting ridiculous though. How many shootings do we have to endure before people see the foolishness of restrictive guns laws? I agree with the sentiments above that whenever anyone, employer or nanny state, takes away my ability to defend myself by restricting when and where I can carry my firearm, they are, therefore, directly responsible for my safety. Lawsuits should be brought against the city since the city did not protect these people and prevented them from protecting themselves.

Also, there have been studies to show that civilians involved in gun fights correctly identify the intended target more successfully and are more likely to hit their intended target than police.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually wait a day or two out of respect for the victims before I start blaming the gun laws. It's getting ridiculous though. How many shootings do we have to endure before people see the foolishness of restrictive guns laws? I agree with the sentiments above that whenever anyone, employer or nanny state, takes away my ability to defend myself by restricting when and where I can carry my firearm, they are, therefore, directly responsible for my safety. Lawsuits should be brought against the city since the city did not protect these people and prevented them from protecting themselves.

Also, there have been studies to show that civilians involved in gun fights correctly identify the intended target more successfully and are more likely to hit their intended target than police.

Unfortunately, many people may ask your question in the reverse...How many shootings do we have to endure before people see the foolishness of lax guns laws?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree with this statement. What if the 10th guy that was shot was the one carrying. He probably would have had time to protect himself. Especially if rumors are correct the shooter was using a firearm that was only carrying 8 rounds.

We can what if all day long, what if the 1st guy shot was the only one carrying?

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read on KSWO.com where some of the 9 others hit were hit by "stray police gunfire". Dunno how true it is...but yanno everything they put on the internet has to be true..LOL

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, many people may ask your question in the reverse...How many shootings do we have to endure before people see the foolishness of lax guns laws?

The difference is, their argument can be easily demolished with facts, research, studies, real world experience and common sense.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's fairly easy to answer considering 99% of these mass shootings take place where gun laws are RESTRICTED more than places where they are lax.

Latest posts

Top Bottom