Another teacher busted for sex with student...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a father, I would definitely call the authorities and press charges. It has emotionally damaged the boy. After all, what kind of expectations will he have from now on in partners. Totally warps his perception of reality and expectations for life. :D

He's now a trained Cougar Hunter!!!!!

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Teachers are entrusted with a certain level of responsibility by parents. Regardless of age, there are lines that should not be crossed and should be punished heavily when they are.

High school boy goes and nails a hot 26 year old cheerleader,... awesome (although I question the mental competence of the elder party). Happens quite frequently in the opposite. I can remember plenty of high school girls showing up at frat parties when I was in college. (Again, I question the mental competence of the elder party) But when its a teacher... world of difference and there is no difference between girls and boys in that regard. Its predatory and a breech of trust we place in those responsibly for helping to mold our children.

QFT. Again and again. I'd disagree with the Arkansas case as well. As long as the student is a student, there should be no sexual relationship between them and a teacher.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
QFT. Again and again. I'd disagree with the Arkansas case as well. As long as the student is a student, there should be no sexual relationship between them and a teacher.

What about adult teachers and students? Not talking about high school, but say, college, or vo-tech or some kind of adult education or something? Point is, where do you draw the line when you have two consenting adults in the eyes of the law in every other regard.... If they met at Taco Bell at 26 and 16 (legal age in OK, I believe), it's cool. But if they met at the school, it's not.

Not saying I think teachers should be allowed to recruit from their classes, but just adding food for thought.

I know I used to bang one of my students in an adult ed class I taught... I was 24, she was 22. Was I a predator? Apparently she didn't (and doesn't) think so. We're still in touch and I know without a doubt she would drop her husband in a heartbeat if I left my wife. Not gonna happen, but doesn't change the fact she wishes I would. Maybe it was because I was her teacher and I brainwashed her?

(And no, neither of us were married back then!)

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about adult teachers and students? Not talking about high school, but say, college, or vo-tech or some kind of adult education or something? Point is, where do you draw the line when you have two consenting adults in the eyes of the law in every other regard.... If they met at Taco Bell at 26 and 16 (legal age in OK, I believe), it's cool. But if they met at the school, it's not.

Not saying I think teachers should be allowed to recruit from their classes, but just adding food for thought.

I know I used to bang one of my students in an adult ed class... I was 24, she was 22. Was I a predator?

Where you draw the line? I guess where common sense puts it. However, you certainly dont remove the line.

They are my responsibility till they are 18. And even at that age, knowing myself, I question their intellectual/emotional capacity. But hey, once they arent my responsibility... seems like a good place to put the line, eh?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just age or is there an authority type issue also?

People probably differ on that one. For me... like I said before. HS guy nails a 40 year old MILF he met at chuck e cheese... good for him. When that person is someone being paid with tax dollars to educate our children and has been entrusted to provide a safe environment for that to be done in...

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People probably differ on that one. For me... like I said before. HS guy nails a 40 year old MILF he met at chuck e cheese... good for him. When that person is someone being paid with tax dollars to educate our children and has been entrusted to provide a safe environment for that to be done in...

Exactly, its just like Office relationships between a boss and an employee.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the psych patient type situation? Maybe "influence" was a better choice of word than "authority" in my previous post.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the psych patient type situation? Maybe "influence" was a better choice of word than "authority" in my previous post.

If there isn't a law against it, I'm pretty sure they can lose their license. In my experience, the person your banging is the last person who should be tampering with your head. I think medical boards typically agree on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom