Antelope donation? Anybody want?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this thread isn’t in the wrong place, or a duplicate (I know there is a deer thread, but wasn’t sure how specific on species I needed to get), but I have 4 hind legs and 4 shoulders I’d like to go to a good home. They’re quartered and on ice. Both shot in the last 2 days, And free to a good home. The backstraps and tenders have already been eaten. Not trying to “sell” free meat, but antelope is far and away my favorite of all wild game- I just don’t have the freezer space this year. As long as you’re willing to take atleast one whole appendage and will agree to put it to good use, I’m happy to meet up near my house (near lake hefner in Okc). And if anyone reading this is someone (or someone who knows someone) who NEEDS meat, let me know, and I will deliver within reason if other accommodations can’t be made. Message me here or text/call (405-463-4650). If you call, leave a voicemail.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure how to tag people.

Dlbleak- I’ll save you a leg or two if you’d like, it really is excellent meat.

Chenry- if dlbleak doesn’t want some, it’s all yours. We can make arrangements tomorrow or in the next couple days. Im certainly within 50 miles of mustang (May/hefner in NW OKC)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope this thread isn’t in the wrong place, or a duplicate (I know there is a deer thread, but wasn’t sure how specific on species I needed to get), but I have 4 hind legs and 4 shoulders I’d like to go to a good home. They’re quartered and on ice. Both shot in the last 2 days, And free to a good home. The backstraps and tenders have already been eaten. Not trying to “sell” free meat, but antelope is far and away my favorite of all wild game- I just don’t have the freezer space this year. As long as you’re willing to take atleast one whole appendage and will agree to put it to good use, I’m happy to meet up near my house (near lake hefner in Okc). And if anyone reading this is someone (or someone who knows someone) who NEEDS meat, let me know, and I will deliver within reason if other accommodations can’t be made. Message me here or text/call (405-463-4650). If you call, leave a voicemail.
Not asking for any at this time but I am curious how antelope is different then venison? Different flavor, texture? Gamier?

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not asking for any at this time but I am curious how antelope is different then venison? Different flavor, texture? Gamier?
Rick, all depends on their diet. If from WY, it'll be gamey with a sage flavor/smell. The ones we shot in CO were on wheat and rye for the surrounding cattle and BY FAR the best wild game meat I've eaten. Whitetail, muley, elk, bison, moose. Only draw back is their size and 1 will be eaten pretty quick!

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, to me it is more mildly flavored than deer. And seems more tender in general. Some say it’s sweet, but I’m not sure I’d describe it that way. It’s fairly similar to domestic goat in my opinion. Or a less rich/beefy beaver. All of the ones I’ve eaten came from OK, but some were from sage/short grass range land and others were from crop land- I can’t tell the difference in taste between the two. These two in question came from crop land.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure how to tag people.

Dlbleak- I’ll save you a leg or two if you’d like, it really is excellent meat.

Chenry- if dlbleak doesn’t want some, it’s all yours. We can make arrangements tomorrow or in the next couple days. Im certainly within 50 miles of mustang (May/hefner in NW OKC)
Thank you but I don’t have any room. If I did, I’d sure take some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom