Any active “training” groups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We installed a little 2 inch bell by the door. When the dog wants out, we have her ring the bell then praise her. Every time I go outside, I ring the bell with my foot before opening the door.
Mother put sleigh bells on our doors and we have Rotts.....can you imagine the damn racket around here!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we do have the FGST that meets every Wednesday?
FGSC.jpg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We installed a little 2 inch bell by the door. When the dog wants out, we have her ring the bell then praise her. Every time I go outside, I ring the bell with my foot before opening the door.
We've put in a "doggy door-bell" system, wireless electronic thingies from Amazon. I buy the 15lb box of Milk Bones from Sam's Club, and the ringing the doggy door bell to go out, and the one on the outside of the door to come back in, doggy gets a doggy cookie. He's 10 now, which is pretty close to the life expectancy of one of the breeds in his cross... one of these days we're going to have to visit the vet to send him across the Rainbow Bridge, and I'm getting too old to risk breaking my heart again, or worse, breaking the doggy's heart by pre-deceasing him.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W89QNPG is what we have. You can set the ringer for several different tones. Wife is disabled, and our computers are at opposite ends of the house, cell phones and intercom systems have failed us repeatedly, so we got another system for her, and I've got it set to play "Für Elise" for her, and it's called the Mommie door bell... She has one of the senders attached to the bathroom wall, down low for when she falls again, and one on a necklace, so she can call me from anywhere in the house to come looking for her. And just had to go let the doggie out and in and get him another cookie. Lots of praise and petting, here, as well.

Orca, the doggy in question, is the only person here who is always happy to see me, and shows it every time. I will so miss him when he's gone! But "killing your old dogs..." is better than watching them suffer. I think it will be the last time. Wife wants a kitten, but also doesn't want to have to help them along when it's time, either. And as she doesn't drive anymore, or even walk all that well, I'd be the one who has to do it for the kitty contingent, too, so she's saving me from that. Though we still have three kitties still here at the moment.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom