PSA Dagger Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of getting one later in April for a office pistol and was wondering what peoples experience is with them? I don't plan on using it for carrying, just for having a pistol in the room I'm usually in during the day. What says the group?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Dagger and Dagger Micro. I haven’t encountered any issues with either gun. Some of the early Daggers had pins walk out during range trips but it never happened to mine (I bought from the second round of orders). They seem to be good guns based on some of the abuse tests I’ve seen on YouTube. I’ll never go to such an extreme but it gives me comfort in carrying one.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May not be for "carry", but sounds like it's there for self defense...why not use something you're used to and already trust?

This is why i bit the bullet and just bought a Glock 19. Price is certainly compelling on the PSA though-especially when you can sometimes get them around the $300 mark , but the tales of pins walking made me hesitate , thinking i'd need to put a ton of ammo through one to trust it - which you dont need to do with its forefather, the Glock. And the gen 5 did away with my biggest dislike of Glocks- the finger grooves of the 3rd and 4th gen -- although the finger grooves on the Dagger do not seem to be nearly as obtrusive

And --- the only time ive ever been remotely close to being involved in a shooting in the civilian world -- was in the parking lot of my office. - Domestic incident and isolated - bad guy (or was he - hmmm - i'll find out in a month as i was subpoenaed ) was running to his truck after the first round and popped off 8 more when he got to the door - didnt have time to do much but administer aid after the fact - 'ol boy on the ground got hit 4 times in one leg - ouch

I've since stepped up my vehicle first aid kit a lot

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked one up on trade. Have not tested it extensively, but it definitely feels and performs like my G23's. I did better hitting steel at 15ish with that than some of the other pistols I tried out that day. Probably put 100ish through it at the range that day and didn't have a hiccup running my reloads.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of getting one later in April for an office pistol and was wondering what peoples experience is with them? I don't plan on using it for carrying, just for having a pistol in the room I'm usually in during the day. What says the group?
I got one close to when they first came out. I’ve but maybe 500 rnds through it. No problems or pins walking out. Good to go

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my review of the PSA Dagger. I wrote this article for a gun magazine a few months ago.

The Palmetto State Armory, Dagger Compact 9mm pistol, with Doctor Slide, and Threaded Barrel is an outstanding bargain at just $369.99. This firearm offers a range of features that make it a compelling choice for those in the market for a reliable and versatile handgun.

One of the standout features of the Dagger Compact is its ergonomic design. The grip tang is more pronounced than that of the Glock 19, which is a welcome change for those with larger hands. This ensures that shooters with bigger hands won't experience slide bite, allowing for a more comfortable and secure grip. Moreover, the grip design allows all three fingers to comfortably and securely hold the pistol, enhancing control and accuracy.

The pistol is red dot ready, making it an excellent option for those looking to add an optic for improved targeting. The trigger, while having noticeable take up or slack, provides a smooth and consistent press without any gritty feeling, which is in line with other safe action pistols on the market.
The threaded barrel makes this pistol suppressor ready, and the addition of suppressor height sights ensures a clear line of sight even with a suppressor attached. The thin front sight is easy to pick up and provides ample light and space between it and the rear sight, a significant improvement over the sights that come with Glock pistols.

Another feature worth noting is the cutout portion in the grip for magazine access. This is a brilliant addition, aiding in malfunction clearance if needed, and enhancing the overall functionality of the firearm. Additionally, the frame has a weapon-mounted light rail, and the magazine release button is well-positioned and consistent with other well-made carry guns, making it suitable for both left and right-handed shooters.
The Dagger also boasts an oversized slide catch, which can serve as a slide release for right-handed shooters who know how to perform a slide-lock reload correctly. The ease of takedown and cleaning further adds to the pistol's appeal.

The textured grip provides excellent friction without being overly rough, making it ideal for recoil control. The noticeable slack in the trigger is actually a positive feature for many, as it's not too light, ensuring a smooth and consistent press. Unlike some other firearms, there are no external safeties or complex trigger safety mechanisms, simplifying the operation of the pistol.

With a 17+1 round capacity and compatibility with Glock and MagPul magazines, the Dagger Compact offers versatility and adaptability. Holsters designed for this pistol fit perfectly, and it has proven its reliability with various types of ammunition, including S&B 115 grain FMJ, Lawman 147 grain FMJ, and Blazer 124 grain FMJ.
The front and rear serrations on the slide enhance its user-friendliness, and the fact that it is RMR ready opens up possibilities for those who want to add an optic.

Finally, the Dagger’s outstanding performance in a 2-day, Advanced Combat Pistol course with D.S.A in Tulsa, where it fired nearly 1000 rounds without a single hiccup, speaks volumes about its reliability.
In conclusion, the Palmetto State Armory, Dagger Compact 9mm pistol is an exceptional value at $369.99. It offers a wide range of features that make it a solid choice for those seeking a reliable and versatile handgun. If you want a package deal, they offer the same pistol with 10 magazines for an unbelievable price of $469.99.

Whether for personal defense, competition shooting, or tactical use, this pistol delivers performance and functionality at a price that's hard to beat. If you're looking for a cost-effective alternative to high-end pistols, the Dagger Compact is a fantastic option that won't break the bank.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two of them, they are impressive for the price. The triggers are typical Glock, mushy and heavy. I you can get better pricing by buying the upper and lower separately. Routine price on lowers is 50 bucks. Uppers are frequently available under 200 on daily deals.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, what is a Doctor slide? Looking to order soon, but trying to figure out all the options. It would help if they would not sell out of all the mag combo deals all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom