Any Audio Video experts out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need assistance putting together my system to be able to switch speakers from the TV speakers to my surround sound. I have two different systems that are not IP based. I'm having trouble understanding the language ie. acronyms and technical wording of the manual.
I would also like to incorporate my turntables, CD changers, and CD/DVD player. I purchased a television DVR that unknown to me has to be registered to work. It has been sitting over a year because it was not specified in the item description the extra fee was necessary. I want to investigate this and if it is necessary I may sell it since I am no longer employed.

I would also like to know which cable is best for which media. I have access to about all of the standards including fiber and S Video.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post model # of your surround sound, or pictures of the input/outputs. Easiest/best way will be to use HDMI for surround sound. Probably simplest way for you to do it will be to run all of audio equipment (turntable etc) using the best available connection to the surround sound. Then run all your video into the tv, and use fiber optic or HDMI ARC (audio return channel) to send the audio from your video sources back to your surround sound. Does that make sense?

Latest posts

Top Bottom