Any current guns/ammo shortage is like the toilet paper shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/trivia74.html

If anyone can remember, the early 70’s everything was in short supply especially oil. When Americans heard the word shortage, they would jump out and purchase these items since they knew what it was like standing in line to get gasoline for their cars.

Well, whether you believe it or not, there was a toilet paper shortage in the United States in 1973. The entire episode started with a Johnny Carson Tonight Show monologue. On December 19, 1973, the writers for the show had heard earlier the federal government was falling behind in getting bids to supply toilet paper and that it might be possible that in a few months the United States could face a shortage of toilet tissue. They took the words of this Wisconsin congressional representative, Harold Froehlich and decided to add a joke for Carson for the evening show.

Carson did in fact use the joke in a monologue stating, "You know what's disappearing from the supermarket shelves? Toilet paper. There's an acute shortage of toilet paper in the United States."

So the dealers promote a shortage... and buy up the ammo from Walmart and there, we have a shortage.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. If they succeed in producing a shortage it will take a lot longer than three weeks to get it straightened out, though.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i live about 10 minutes away from Kimberly Clark. Im sure if needed there is a few rolls laying around somewhere.

ammo shortage at walmart is no joke right now. None have the 100rd box of federal 9mm

mike

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has there been a run on primers?

I have a bunch of brass and I just opened a fresh 4lb jug of Bullseye. I don't think cast/moly bullet manufacturers really experience a run during ammo panics, so the only thing I'm worried about is primers.

I'm banking on the fact that all the hoarders are still trying to pay off their credit card debt from Obamarama 1. I just bought 1500 small pistol primers which should hopefully carry me through until the supply lines refill if there's been a run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom