Any Norinco 97T owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking around at short barreled shotguns, and the 1897 Winchester trench clone looks pretty neat for the price.

I do love wood furniture and exposed hammers, so does anybody have any first hand experience with them?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking around at short barreled shotguns, and the 1897 Winchester trench clone looks pretty neat for the price.

I do love wood furniture and exposed hammers, so does anybody have any first hand experience with them?

I don't own one, but have fired several of them. They work like the original 97s. Gotta remember to keep your trigger hand to the side of the wrist if you don't want to make a blood donation by jacking the rear of the bolt into your hand just above your thumb (just like the original). CB

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than AK47s norinco isnt known for making good weapons. Appearance wise things look good. The metals that they use is where you start to see problems. If you shoot this thing once in a blue moon ok. But if you shoot it alot or run a bit of high base through it you are going to see problems and malfunctions. The oriiginal winchester design of it lacks to boot. Cowboy shooters will usuwaly have 2. One in the shop and one to shoot with and that is with real winchesters. Nice looking gun but be forwarned

Latest posts

Top Bottom