Any tax gurus in da house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This week, my family's estate is FINALLY being finalized (it's been over 2 years since my folks died) and I will receive an inheritance in the tune of $45-$50K (+/-).

My question is...I'm sure I'll have to pay some sort of taxes on this chunck of change. Has anybody here been thru this? Does anyone here do taxes and know how this process works? I just wanna know how much I stand to lose, so I can make my wish list! :w000t:

I'm reminded of this scene in The Shawshank Redemption. Is this really a true thing or just dreamed up Hollywood bull$heet.

Anways...I appreciate any info about this matter.

And keep the heckling to a minimum. We all know ol' GED has a catch and release issue, that's no front page news. Bastardos! :angry3:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

xring33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went thru this a few years ago. Unless it is an extreme amount you don’t have to pay taxes on the inheritance. In my case my evil stepmother and stepbrothers stole about $400,000 from me and my brother. But, that’s another story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When my dad passed the gold digger married him about a month before and got it all.
My mom left everything to her grandkids.
So I’ve never experienced this problem.
I wish you luck.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma has no inheritance tax. The Federal Government has an estate tax but it doesn't kick in unless your talking about $5million. You hear this stuff about the "Death Tax." That's just politics. It doesn't apply to regular people.
I'm not a tax lawyer, but I know a guy who plays one on TV.
As always, I don't charge nothing for my advice, and it's worth it too

Latest posts

Top Bottom