Sheriff Tax Warrant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The $400 is cheaper than an attorney. It is a cheap lesson to hang on to receipts, and use any method of payment that has a back up measure of proof. For sure confirm in person that it is legit, and then try to negotiate a payment plan.
Start a gofundme, I have seen GFM for stupider stuff.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thought: When you pay your bill in cash(in person), they ask you to bring the entire statement with you. It would be stamped 'paid' or some such and somewhere they should have a copy of your paid tax bill...unless, of course, the money fell into someone's pocket and the County's copy fell in the shredder. Again, YMMV.

Woody

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why cant I fond old posts, I tried searching for tax warrant?

Thought I had asked this before, so as can be seen it is a legitimate letter, but tax records now show no unpaid taxes. This is part of why I am so confused, if they show on their site no taxes owed, where do they get the bill that I do owe them. I cant get that answer. I have tried before and again last month.

I have been through the same steps aging this year and cant get a answer as to what when or why, other than pay us.

As it is I can not pay $400 or afford any type of legal help. What money we have is used for medicine for my wife, yep no insurance.

I guess Monday I go back to Pawhuska, I will start with the Sheriff and then the tax office. I still think renting my own belongings from the County is wrong.

Think I can claim that due to the amount of scams I thought this was one also? :)

The problem with finding the recipient is the amount of papers we deal with per month, plus even the IRS does not ask for paperwork to be retained forever. Odds are very good we dont have it. With health issues of both myself and wife to be very honest, digging through huge boxes of papers is just not high on the list of things to spend energy on. So like last year after a bit of looking or a trip or two to Dr's the search for a paper we may not even have still just get dropped to the bottom of our list, then forgotten.

I have found a couple of other folks who paid cash in 2010, then had to pay again, for the same reason, tax office said it was not paid. But that does not help me at all.

Now here is a kick in the butt, this post is almost 1 year older than the last time I asked this, yet the amount on the bill in my hand is the same $412.68, so in a years time the penalties and interest have not changed a single penny. Things like this just add to my confusion.

I will go talk with them again, but oddly what I get told I later hear that "they never said any such thing" or "well thats not the way it is"......... Will update this as soon as I can talk to people in person.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go see them in person and it had been paid, ask for copies that have “paid” on them. You need to start a records keeping and filing system.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of people like cash, but I pay everything with debit card or check. You didn't pay for something? Let me just print out a copy from my bank...have a nice day. Done.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why cant I fond old posts, I tried searching for tax warrant?

Thought I had asked this before, so as can be seen it is a legitimate letter, but tax records now show no unpaid taxes. This is part of why I am so confused, if they show on their site no taxes owed, where do they get the bill that I do owe them. I cant get that answer. I have tried before and again last month.

I have been through the same steps aging this year and cant get a answer as to what when or why, other than pay us.

As it is I can not pay $400 or afford any type of legal help. What money we have is used for medicine for my wife, yep no insurance.

I guess Monday I go back to Pawhuska, I will start with the Sheriff and then the tax office. I still think renting my own belongings from the County is wrong.

Think I can claim that due to the amount of scams I thought this was one also? :)

The problem with finding the recipient is the amount of papers we deal with per month, plus even the IRS does not ask for paperwork to be retained forever. Odds are very good we dont have it. With health issues of both myself and wife to be very honest, digging through huge boxes of papers is just not high on the list of things to spend energy on. So like last year after a bit of looking or a trip or two to Dr's the search for a paper we may not even have still just get dropped to the bottom of our list, then forgotten.

I have found a couple of other folks who paid cash in 2010, then had to pay again, for the same reason, tax office said it was not paid. But that does not help me at all.

Now here is a kick in the butt, this post is almost 1 year older than the last time I asked this, yet the amount on the bill in my hand is the same $412.68, so in a years time the penalties and interest have not changed a single penny. Things like this just add to my confusion.

I will go talk with them again, but oddly what I get told I later hear that "they never said any such thing" or "well thats not the way it is"......... Will update this as soon as I can talk to people in person.

Didnt you have a flood last year and were trying to dry everything out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom