Anybody familiar with Vet bills??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to take my Pekenese to the Vet emergency room saturday evening and for a pulled muscle in his neck, The vet of course recommended that he be hospitablized overnight with an IV drip for pain and pain pills and muscle relaxers, $735.00 later I get him back with not much change? It seems high to me for no more than what they did, Is that normal?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's how they pay for the equipment..

When I had to put Elwood the Dane down, he had a ruptured tumor on his spleen... they wanted to do an ultra sound-100 bucks, I said ok (having hope)
they came back, "yea its ruptured, cant do anything about it now". so my bill was over 300 just to put my poor little buddy down... Don't get me wrong, the place is very good, up to date equipment, fine doctors, and crap load of techs.... but they have to pay them too.

If I were you, I would find a farm vet... I used to use one in El Reno when I worked that way. No BS, cheaper bills. Dogs are easy compared to horses and cattle.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife paid the e-room $500 to kill her cat. That guy on gilcrease is supposed to be a great vet. He went to school with a friend of mines father.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, It was the only place I could find open, I guess that is about the going rate for emergency's. I just couldn't stand to hear him yelping in pain:(

Marina is open on Saturday and Sunday as well.

Monday - Saturday: 8am - 7pm | Sunday: 9am - 4pm | Surgery Drop Off Monday - Friday: 7am
Urgent Care Hours: Friday & Saturday 7pm-11pm | Sunday 4pm-7pm

Latest posts

Top Bottom