Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge. I hadn't purchased anything gun-related, new for quite some time. I've been putting all of my extra cash towards paying off medical debt. I'm happy to say that as of Feb 1st, I am officially medically debt-free.

I went out Friday evening with a friend and co-worker to Remington Park. Brought $100 with me. After about 30 minutes there, BOOM!!!
I won $969 on one spin. Cashed the machine out a few minutes later at just under $1200. I'm proud of my myself for not giving it all back. I just sat there with my friend and co-worker and BS'd for the next hour or so, and kept my money.

I've been wanting a Sig P365 for quite some time. I've lurked around here reading your reviews, watching video reviews, etc. Last night I found a place in Norman that had one in stock for a reasonable price and decided to put some of my winnings to good use.

I picked this baby up today at American Armory Tactical in Norman for $499. Got some free range time with the purchase there. I put 50 rounds through it at the range. I have to say I am impressed thus far. I have some more shooting to do before I think about replacing my current carry gun. I was shooting a little low and right (I'm a lefty) at about 10-12 yards. Honestly it was a good reminder that I'm a bit out of practice and that I need to brush up on my shooting skills. I am happy with my purchase though, and look forward to putting more rounds through it.
You're a lot smarter than most when it comes to knowing how to stop while you are ahead.

Congrats on the new gun.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge. I hadn't purchased anything gun-related, new for quite some time. I've been putting all of my extra cash towards paying off medical debt. I'm happy to say that as of Feb 1st, I am officially medically debt-free.

I went out Friday evening with a friend and co-worker to Remington Park. Brought $100 with me. After about 30 minutes there, BOOM!!!
I won $969 on one spin. Cashed the machine out a few minutes later at just under $1200. I'm proud of my myself for not giving it all back. I just sat there with my friend and co-worker and BS'd for the next hour or so, and kept my money.

I've been wanting a Sig P365 for quite some time. I've lurked around here reading your reviews, watching video reviews, etc. Last night I found a place in Norman that had one in stock for a reasonable price and decided to put some of my winnings to good use.

I picked this baby up today at American Armory Tactical in Norman for $499. Got some free range time with the purchase there. I put 50 rounds through it at the range. I have to say I am impressed thus far. I have some more shooting to do before I think about replacing my current carry gun. I was shooting a little low and right (I'm a lefty) at about 10-12 yards. Honestly it was a good reminder that I'm a bit out of practice and that I need to brush up on my shooting skills. I am happy with my purchase though, and look forward to putting more rounds through it.

Congrats! ... on the winnins' ... the walkin' away ... and the pistola! Good play!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're a lot smarter than most when it comes to knowing how to stop while you are ahead.

Congrats on the new gun.
Thank you very much.

I think it's worth letting everyone know that the folks at American Armory & Tactical in Norman were great to deal with. When I called them to see if they had one in stock, they had sold another one earlier today and told me that they'd be happy to hold this one until I could arrive. I told them that it would be a few hours before I could make it to Norman, but they said it was no problem. It only took about 10 minutes to complete the purchase, and I spent another 30 minutes just talking shop with the team out there. I talked to them about my affinity for small firearms, and we all swapped a few stories. We talked about my Roughbaugh R9, Seecamp LWS380, and Boberg pistols. A very nice gentleman out there showed me a few that I hadn't seen before. They were just supremely nice people. They even gave me a doughnut! It's not a big store, but they know about customer service. They've earned future business from me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was shooting a little low and right (I'm a lefty) at about 10-12 yards. Honestly it was a good reminder that I'm a bit out of practice and that I need to brush up on my shooting skills. I am happy with my purchase though, and look forward to putting more rounds through it.
Shooting low and to the right could be your grip.
Hoping gunbuffer sees this as he is a lefty as well shooting a few rounds in his lifetime and might offer some insight if he will quit being so grumpy....(inside joke) :D

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The price was right I COULD NOT RESIST ......as though I needed another shotty View attachment 134234
0*5te5NIBwYAqmlioY.jpg
Seven says "resistance is futile":cool:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

I think it's worth letting everyone know that the folks at American Armory & Tactical in Norman were great to deal with. When I called them to see if they had one in stock, they had sold another one earlier today and told me that they'd be happy to hold this one until I could arrive. I told them that it would be a few hours before I could make it to Norman, but they said it was no problem. It only took about 10 minutes to complete the purchase, and I spent another 30 minutes just talking shop with the team out there. I talked to them about my affinity for small firearms, and we all swapped a few stories. We talked about my Roughbaugh R9, Seecamp LWS380, and Boberg pistols. A very nice gentleman out there showed me a few that I hadn't seen before. They were just supremely nice people. They even gave me a doughnut! It's not a big store, but they know about customer service. They've earned future business from me.

James and the guys are good people. They've been there a few years now.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to mention my new gun belt! You may know that I like Kore Essentials Trakline gun belts. I've worn one every work day for two years, carrying a radio, a set of keys, a multitool, and a box cutter on the belt. Even when the leather cracked on both sides at the same place, the belt held together, thanks to its plastic core that stiffens it for carrying loads.

I ordered a new belt from them in the beginning of March. I noticed it was a bit thicker than the old belt. I didn't think anything about it until the buckle slipped off the end of the belt as I was getting out of the car. When I went to the Kore Essentials website, I found that they had redesigned the buckle, making it more substantial and adding two set screws to aid in retaining the leather. I ordered a new buckle and it came in last week. This new belt Is better than my original belt.! I heartily recommend Kore Essentials gun belts. At $60 in either leather or nylon webbing, they are great gun belts for the budget conscious.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom