Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKXD

Marksman
Reaction score
Picked up a new to me over and under:hyper:

Attachments

• 20190611_175849.jpg
    20190611_175849.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 101

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing to get excited about but got a 12-round mag and some of Sig's new "365" JHP ammo to try out in muh pistol.

It feeds fine through the gun, however, mine has eaten every type of 'defense' round I've fed it with zero issues. I use the 12 rd mag as my backup. With 10 rd, it's invisible even with OWB.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It feeds fine through the gun, however, mine has eaten every type of 'defense' round I've fed it with zero issues. I use the 12 rd mag as my backup. With 10 rd, it's invisible even with OWB.

I expect it would, just saw the Sig 365 ammo at Academy and decided to grab a few boxes to try it out.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing to get excited about but got a 12-round mag and some of Sig's new "365" JHP ammo to try out in muh pistol.
What makes the ammo "365" ammo?

Faster burning powder for short barrels? Reduced velocity for less recoil? Bullet design? Just the name on the box?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What makes the ammo "365" ammo?

Faster burning powder for short barrels? Reduced velocity for less recoil? Bullet design? Just the name on the box?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I dunno. I just bought it...because. I suspect it is just like several other manufacturer's short-barrel ammo in terms of design in order to optimize the amount of "oomph" out of a short-barreled gun. Maybe it's the rate of burn or something; maybe it's just a catchy name. It does come in a cool lookin' box though, if that matters. The more I think about it the more I think it's just a name on the box for marketing purposes. Looks like regular old Sig V-Crown ammo to me.

I remember reading about some tests on gel using short-barreled guns and shooting Regular Gold Dots vs Short-Barrel Gold Dots. There wasn't enough difference to make any difference as I recall. Again , I suspect marketing.

Imagine the consumer; with his short-barreled gun discreetly worn: There he stands in front of the ammo display. One box says Gold Dots 9mm 124 GR +P and the other says Short-Barrel Gold Dots 124 Gr +P. Which one is he more apt to buy? I betcha he most often buys the Short-Barrel ammo cause he feels it has to be the better choice. Same-same with those of us who have Sig P365 pistols: Sig's 365 ammo just has to be better, it says 365 on the box! Marketing; mostly. "Mad Men" kinda stuff...it's all in a name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom