Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
20191207_144727-X2.jpg

Model 66 (no dash), stainless rear sight, which I believe from my research indicates one of the earlier models. I have another 66 no dash coming with the black rear sight. I am told these are not matching grips, I don't know enough to know. Needs some cleaning up and refurbishing, but overall pretty nice, I think.
How is the action? Factory or butter?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That satisfied my New Gun Yaya's for a while.

Aarond

So how longs that last for you? It lasts for me until after the 1st trip to the range!! :cool: Yes I freely admit I have an issue but it is not a problem as long as my wife don't know!:cool: In fact I am still gathering parts for a grendel build but have already decided my next gun obsession is a S-W model 36........................... :bolt:

Last edited:

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how longs that last for you? It lasts for me until after the 1st trip to the range!! :cool: Yes I freely admit I have an issue but it is not a problem as long as my wife don't know!:cool: In fact I am still gathering parts for a grendel build but have already decided my next gun obsession is a S-W model 36........................... :bolt:
Haha, that’s why you need a spare safe in the garage! It can go in before you even step foot in the house! Trust me on this

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is the action? Factory or butter?

Honestly, I haven't really tried it much yet. Just a couple of times. It is supposed to have been polished/tuned. The couple of times I pulled it, it felt nice to me, but I've never really been a revolver guy, I'm not sure I'm qualified to really evaluate it. I'll try it out a little though.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I haven't really tried it much yet. Just a couple of times. It is supposed to have been polished/tuned. The couple of times I pulled it, it felt nice to me, but I've never really been a revolver guy, I'm not sure I'm qualified to really evaluate it. I'll try it out a little though.
You can tell a rough factory from a smooth polished job. A really nice polished trigger job on a Smith will bring a tear to your eye and a grin to your face.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Model 66 (no dash), stainless rear sight, which I believe from my research indicates one of the earlier models. I have another 66 no dash coming with the black rear sight. I am told these are not matching grips, I don't know enough to know. Needs some cleaning up and refurbishing, but overall pretty nice, I think.

That's a nice addition. I always liked the look of the stainless rear sight but I've never tried one out. The stocks are aftermarket and look thin at the top. I'm interested to know how they handle in use.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20191207_144727-X2.jpg

Absolutely stunning. I had a 66-2 when I was younger. I miss it something bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom