Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another delivery!

20200201_135344-X2.jpg

20200201_135152-X2.jpg

If I decide to keep this one, I might paint/Cerakote/Duracoat it a different color. I dunno I am digging a pewter/titanium kind of thing.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I like it but... I might actually spray it. I dunno. Black action and black barrel with silver spiral flutes. I am thinking a nice pewter chassis would look awesome.
Did I miss the story on how you came up with your choices for this new build?

It looks like you have a plan you are following but I'm just curious as to how you decided what to build.

Also wondering why a custom build over an off the shelf rifle. Just interested. Thanks.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I haven't laid it all out here.

I started with a plan for an off the shelf to learn on. Then looked into a more precision prefab like an RPR, and as my research continued, I decided on going more and more custom and now it is a major ordeal, fully customized.

I bought the MPA chassis first, used, then saw a couple others, I have damn near pulled the trigger on about 3 more, just so I could try them out and see which ones I liked the fit and feel of. But I really love that Cadex.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have a ways to go... got the barrel, but it being coated, then sending it off for fluting, then when it comes back, wait for my action to arrive and have them mated. So I have probably a month or so to go.

Need to get some more loading equipment and a scope and mount/rings. That's about all that's left to purchase.

<edit> Oh, and a damned bipod.

Latest posts

Top Bottom