Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New piece of reloading equipment, Rollsizer. This preps the diameter of the cases where the die cannot get to because of the shell holder. It is a small commercial level application replacing a push through die, Case Pro, etc. capable of running about 6K an hour of 9mm cases if you can keep it fed that fast. I’ve been running it at 3K.
I need to build a small riser once I figure out where I’m going to permanently place it.

lucky.gif

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I'll darken 'em up some. I like Walthers, particularly the original PP series.

I won this French Manufactured PPK/S in .22Lr just a bit ago on Gunbroker! MANHURIN (French Machine Company) made the PPK and PPK/S for Carl Walther Waffenfabrik in France after WWII up until about 1986, and Interarms imported them to the US. Some say MANHURIN on the slide, some just have the St. Etienne and Crown Proof Mark on the barrel, and sometimes on the bottom by the mag well. Manufacturing firearms in Germany after WWII vas verbotten! Walther eventually took it back and moved to ULM, (formerly in West Germany) then Interarms became the Importer for them too. Then Ranger Manufacturing in Gadsden, Alabama got licensed to make the guns for Interarms here in the USA. Old Sam Cummings, the Head Guy at Interarms, the "Merchant of War" himself, died (and Interarms went belly-up). His daughter was convicted on manslaughter so the company just went under. Walther Waffenfabrik then gave the license to S&W in the late 90's/early 20's as best I recall and they really screwed with the classic PPK and PPK/S design.

Now, since 2018, they are once again manufactured by Walther, but here in the USA in Ft Smith Arkansas. Sad that they kept some of the S&W modifications like the horrendous beavertail that in my mind, ruins the classic lines of the gun. Purists like the German guns made before the war in Zella Mellis, (Formerly in East Germany) the French Guns, made by MANHURIN in I believe in Alsace and proofed in St Etienne, the post-MANHURIN guns made in ULM, (again; formerly in West Germany) and the Ranger-Made guns made in Gadsden, Alabama for Interarms. A tangled and sometimes confusing history of one of the most copied guns in the world and one of the first successful DA/SA designs, dating from 1929! Some people will tell you they actually like their S&W version, but I suspect that's because they are embarrassed that they spent the money and own one and don't want to admit that those suck. I have owned several, but currently just a Stainless Ranger .380ACP PPK/S, and now this blued MANHURIN PPK/S in .22LR. It says Interarms on the right side of the slide because that was the deal as Interarms was the importer. It's identified as a French MANHURIN manufactured gun by the St. Etienne and Crown Proof marks. Anyway...I know the drill; pics, or it didn't happen. (For more on Sam Cummings and Interarms, this is a good read).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Cummings
St Etienne PPKS.jpg

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, wait a sec...there's this one too, a nice, lightly engraved one I have set aside for my Grandson that is no longer in active service as I want to keep it in excellent shape for him. Haven't shot it in years, since I retired it, and won't. Just periodically wipe it down then back in the silicone sock it goes for like the next 15 years or so. Vintage Pancake Holster by Lou Alessi himself.
PPKS for Jase.jpg

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t get this one today, but I scored it not long ago. It’s surprisingly very accurate and great sights. I like it. I have the Beretta Nano and it’s very accurate too. I had to get his little brother. I got an FDE frame for the cost of a meal. I haven’t replaced the black on yet.
86B49CE6-D3C9-46AE-BBC7-408F24CD460A.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, wait a sec...there's this one too, a nice, lightly engraved one I have set aside for my Grandson that is no longer in active service as I want to keep it in excellent shape for him. Haven't shot it in years, since I retired it, and won't. Just periodically wipe it down then back in the silicone sock it goes for like the next 15 years or so. Vintage Pancake Holster by Lou Alessi himself.
View attachment 168483

That is beautiful!!!!! Thanks, GRANDPA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom