Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at doing the same thing with my Hellcat. Did you have to buy any sort of adapter plate, or was that a direct mount to your Hellcat OSP?
You have to (unless Holosun has changed their 507k footprint) mill off the rear lugs and lower 1/3 the front. Then it will fit flush. That or install a plate for it

Yep what @rockchalk06 said. If you want to flush mount your have to mill off the rear lugs and a couple thou' off of the front lugs. Worth it!! I just got back from the range zeroing it in.

If you don't need flush mount, CHPWS has a plate.

https://chpws.com/product/springfield-hellcat-to-holosun-407k-507k-adapter-plate

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood. Thanks! I've been looking at a few options. I found that the Swampfox Sentinel does not require any modification, but I am unsure about the quality of that optic. I like the smaller MOA dot on the Holosun, and have never had any reason to question the quality on any of their products. I'll probably end up going that round and just milling the lugs as you described. Did you have to shorten the optic screws at all?
Yeah, you have to take about 3 threads off the screws.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understood. Thanks! I've been looking at a few options. I found that the Swampfox Sentinel does not require any modification, but I am unsure about the quality of that optic. I like the smaller MOA dot on the Holosun, and have never had any reason to question the quality on any of their products. I'll probably end up going that round and just milling the lugs as you described. Did you have to shorten the optic screws at all?
Just the one on the extractor side by 2 coils. It didn't hit the push rod, but you could not remove the rod with it. I removed two coils and you could detail strip the slide with no issues.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to take about 3 threads off the screws.
I think you are correct with the new supplied screws now that I think of it. My 507k was the first runs that were stopped after Trijicon sued them and they dropped the X2. My buddy has a new one and we had to remove 3 to get a perfect fit. Still plenty of meat left to get a good 18" pound torque

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap .. got this and don't know how more people don't reload after seeing the price. But I needed rounds to test a new upper so I had to pay the piper this time.View attachment 211737
I knew I was going to build a 450 bushmaster so I gathered most what I needed right before the world went bonkers !! Got lucky and found enough 250 grain pills to keep me plinking at Midsouth after the bonkers!!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew I was going to build a 450 bushmaster so I gathered most what I needed right before the world went bonkers !! Got lucky and found enough 250 grain pills to keep me plinking at Midsouth after the bonkers!!
At least I was smart enough to know that I can use the same boolits in 45/70 as the 458, so there's that. So far it looks like I might need dedicated mags, and brass is going to run at least 80 cents a pop. This better be a dang fun boomer of a caliber for all the startup cost.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if I like seeing the UPS guy or the actual unboxing more…Ok that’s a lie, I like unboxing best!
New toy so hopefully I don’t have to go through and dump out each individual case anymore.

Attachments

• 8C90ED8E-5A2B-427E-92A0-E38501381E7C.jpeg
    8C90ED8E-5A2B-427E-92A0-E38501381E7C.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 16

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap .. got this and don't know how more people don't reload after seeing the price. But I needed rounds to test a new upper so I had to pay the piper this time.View attachment 211737
Not matter what the wife or anyone else says, one has to do what one has to do, firearms, and therefore ammo, are necessities!

Latest posts

Top Bottom