Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something new came in.

Attachments

• 409405526_10227234083771297_6293660154187916986_n.jpg
    409405526_10227234083771297_6293660154187916986_n.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you are complaining about the lack of Colt roll marks?

How would you prove the slide and barrel are Colt products and mated to the gun?

I'm not complaining about anything. As a matter of fact, I even said I like the sterile look of the gun without roll marks on the slide.

The barrel is marked on top of the hood like all Colt barrels. But it's not marked "NM" which Colt, as far as I know, always does with their NM barrels. The box is labeled as a NM barrel, though, and it's supposed to have a NM barrel according to the description.

I also haven't taken the slide off yet to check for Colt proof marks inside of it since I'm not sure if I'm going to return it or not. I don't want to take the chance of screwing it up.

I'm not worried about proving it's a Colt slide. There are quite a few of these guns out there so they're not all that unusual. Apparently they were quite popular about 10 or 12 years ago.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently ordered a new Colt 1911. It was supposed to be a Classic model series 70 (has the 50s-60s style roll marks on the slide) with European Union import markings (SN and "US23" on barrel, slide and frame) as it was produced for the EU market. Nothing special but just a little bit different.

The first and third pictures are of the gun I ordered. The other two are what I received. I can't contact the seller until tomorrow. From what I've read these models are usually made and sold to people who want a base for a custom gun. It is a little different and I can't decide if I want to keep it or not. I already have a Classic model (without the EU markings). You can see the sticker on the trigger of the gun I receeived reflects the correct model number...O1911C-EC. Even the box has the correct model number on it.

I think the sterile look is kinda cool to be honest:

View attachment 436132View attachment 436133View attachment 436134View attachment 436135

I'd totally use that for a base. Love the naked slide.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the looks of both. That would be a tough choice for me.

Me, too. I already have one that's identical to the US23 marked gun...without the extra SN and US23 marks on it. So the unmarked gun would be something different...cosmetically, anyway.

And my pictures don't do the finish justice at all. It's much more glossy and smooth than what the pictures look like. It's a nice looking gun.

Last edited:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not complaining about anything. As a matter of fact, I even said I like the sterile look of the gun without roll marks on the slide.

The barrel is marked on top of the hood like all Colt barrels. But it's not marked "NM" which Colt, as far as I know, always does with their NM barrels. The box is labeled as a NM barrel, though, and it's supposed to have a NM barrel according to the description.

I also haven't taken the slide off yet to check for Colt proof marks inside of it since I'm not sure if I'm going to return it or not. I don't want to take the chance of screwing it up.

I'm not worried about proving it's a Colt slide. There are quite a few of these guns out there so they're not all that unusual. Apparently they were quite popular about 10 or 12 years ago.
I’d get permission to check inside the slide. If it has markings inside I’d definitely keep it. I like unique things. If it’s going to be a shooter, then it’s whatever you like better.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom