Anybody got "juice" in Lawton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to get a date at the Comanche County fairgrounds for a Gun Show, but apparently metcalf has exclusive rights to hold shows there. Anybody know somebody on the fair board? Or suggest another location in the area

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Lawton, don't know anybody on the board, but what about the Colliseum? Thats where they always had the gunshows when I was a kid. Actually, let me talk to my parents' neighbor, he is well known there in Lawton, I bet he knows somebody and he is a big gun guy too...if I can find anything out, i will let you know.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same Venue. Theres some kind of rule about having 2 shows/exibits in the same month, of the same nature.
Theres actually an old grocery store on about 6th and Lee, that rents out sometimes.
Ill see what I can find out.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SuperDave - how many square feet do you need and what kind of facilities i.e. power specs, water, food handling capability, rough dates, etc.? I know some folks at the Rotary Club who may be able to answer your question.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has a deal with the fairgrounds that there will not be any shows within 60 days of his show. He has one every three months, there is no window of opportunity. Also supposedly he told the director at the fairgrounds that he would cancel his shows if they let anybody else in there. They have been doing business with him since 1993 and don't want to lose a good customer. Thats why I'm trying to contact somebody on the fair board or just find another location.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure hope you bring a good show to Lawton. Those metcalf show's are too pricey to get in and from what I hear just feature the same junk from local pawn shops. I don't see how a publicly owned facility can have an exclusive contract with anybody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom