Anybody still cast their own from scrap lead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several rolls of tin/lead solder I’m trying to decide if I want to list in the classifieds.

IMG_4465.jpeg

Didn’t want to create another post to clutter up the classifieds if it’s a lost art and nobody was interested anymore.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several rolls of tin/lead solder I’m trying to decide if I want to list in the classifieds.

View attachment 478001

Didn’t want to create another post to clutter up the classifieds if it’s a lost art and nobody was interested anymore.
I do, but too broke to buy it. Cost $4k & change to get my pickup fixed. If I pay it off within 100 days. Otherwise $9K over 18 months. Considering selling my S&W 66-1 snubbie with laser sight to help out.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m extremely lucky on that. My son is a great mechanic that works on anything and everything.
My daily driver is a fairly new F250 so it takes care of itself.

But I have a side gig where I lease old vehicles to TV & Movie production companies. He keeps all them running and making me moolah. 💵😁

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m extremely lucky on that. My son is a great mechanic that works on anything and everything.
My daily driver is a fairly new F250 so it takes care of itself.

But I have a side gig where I lease old vehicles to TV & Movie production companies. He keeps all them running and making me moolah. 💵😁
I was a decent mechanic, but back problems and getting fat aren't helping much. Bought a house with a sloping driveway, and no garage decades ago. That's not much help, either. None of my kids are mechanically inclined, either. 😞

Latest posts

Top Bottom